Sparing

After the suspicious conversation that Stiles had encountered with the Ancient One and Mordo having he made it a point not to bring it up for a couple of days. He knew if he asked right after about the contents of their conversation then he would be dismissed immediately and wouldn't get to directly hear the truth from them. He'd rather not go through endless snooping if he can wait it out a couple of days.

Consequently, it was also the day that Sam would be arriving in Nepal. Steve could not make it as Natasha got word there was a Hydra related problem in South America. She thought it'd be too dangerous for her to take the twins as Wanda was finally coming to terms with the accident in Lagos and Pietro was still being distant. Someone needed to watch over them so Vision couldn't accompany her. She only needed one set of hands and Steve was all too eager to kick some Nazi ass. Steve did call to apologize for his lack of attendance but he would surely make it up to him when the mission was over with.

Since Sam will be arriving soon, Stiles had a limited opportunity to corner Mordo and ambush him for information. Once he was with Sam he'd be helping him settle in and Stiles did not have the patience to wait another day. He's barely been restraining himself the days he'd let pass: he would wait till Mordo called for him to training, let the first half an hour go by without a single interruption, and right as he knew there wouldn't be any interruptions he'd interrogate him. It would only take another 10 to 15 minutes of pestering before Mordo breaks and tells him everything; giving Stiles enough time to process the information before Sam arrived and he'd spend the rest of his day with him.

So when Mordo did summon him into a closed off training area he kept his tongue to himself. He made sure any and all questions were related to the training. Mordo aimlessly spared with him as Stiles was well trained in protecting himself. They both got in good hits and they made notes to each other about their weak spots.

"Your left is slightly open. If I was an amateur I wouldn't be able to get it but since I'm skilled it wouldn't take to long before I could strike you down," Mordo commented as they were in fighting position with their knees bent and bandaged hands raised to defend their respective faces.

Stiles snorted before saying, "You're one to talk. Keep those legs anymore separated and I'd knock you straight to the ground."

Mordo goes for the legs but Stiles blocks it and aims to hit him in the face before Mordo moves his head to the left. Stiles misses and Mordo pushes Stiles' hand back and strikes him in the chest. Stiles fumbles some steps back before aiming low as he goes down to kick Mordo's legs out from under him. It seems Mordo took Stiles' advice and jumps up before Stiles could drop him. Once he mid-landed he goes in to kick him in his side but Stiles too took in the advice of protecting his left as he spun and grabbed Mordo's leg before it could strike. He used both hands to spin his leg and body to which he let go of and Mordo dropped to the mat with a loud thud.

Stiles laughed in victory as Mordo's groaned in mild pain. Stiles goes in to lend a hand to which Mordo took in irritation. He then snickered at the man's attitude before commenting, "Training with the Black Widow for almost a decade has its perks."

"You won't be so smug when I finally teach you how to combat with a weapon. We'll then see who is worthy," Mordo teases as he dusted off his clothes.

"Whatever you say oh wise one." Stiles didn't say anything for a moment before he decided now would be a good time to ask his burning question. "Hey, can I ask you a personal question?"

Mordo raised an eyebrow as he gave Stiles a quizzical look before replying hesitantly, "Depends. If it's to spill my whole life story then that be a definite no."

Stiles his shook his head in disagreement with a weak laugh as he said, "Yeah if I asked then you'd ask about mine and it's to early to be emotional."

Mordo crosses his arms and then says, "Very well, ask away."

Stiles bit the bottom on his lip for a moment before letting out, "A couple days ago the Ancient One stopped us mid-lesson. I was hoping to know what happened that made the both of you so tense like that?"

Mordo stood quiet as his eyes didn't meet his. He looked down at the floor until he ultimately decided to reply, "I don't think I should tell you nor are you ready to know."

Stiles looked up and groaned in annoyance as if his father was refusing to tell about him a case when he was a teenager. "I'm an adult. I've battled against robots and aliens. I'm pretty sure nothing surprises or scares me anymore."

Mordo still looked hesitant as he gave him a look of sympathy. "It doesn't seem like its in your best interest to know."

"Fine, fine, fine. You don't have to tell me everything but give me like a brief summary. A synopsis if you will. How about that?"

Mordo doesn't looks to impressed with the suggestion but relented. "Their are some people who oppose the Ancient One. They think they'd be a better fit to show others the way of the mystic arts. With violent means to be more precise."

Stiles becomes more intrigued and asked, "Care to explain?"

Mordo shook his head and replied, "Nope, you said small summary. That's as much as you are gonna get."

Stiles yet again groans but never the less lets it go. He'll know one way or another. Sam will be here soon anyway and he needs to help him settle in when he arrives.

And on cue Stiles' phone begins to ring to Sam's ring tone. Stiles playfully glares at Mordo and grumbles,"Don't think we're done with this conversation."

Mordo laughs and says,"Whatever you say, Mischief."