A Warm Welcome

Stiles made sure to follow every instruction given to him by Deaton. He didn't take any short cuts, took each and every turn instructed and didn't make any stops. Stiles was walking into new territory and he wasn't going to be captured on his first day.

His skills learned from Shield and Natasha took control and he made himself invisible. Wearing standard clothes, no logos, only one bag and made sure not to speak to anyone. Even if he had spoken to someone and they didn't recognize him surely his American accent would draw attention.

Once he gets to his destination he knocks and a dark-skinned man with a green cloak opens the door.

"Who are you and what might your business here be?"

Stiles cleared his throat for a moment before answering, "My name is Stiles or Mischief depending on how my advisor exchanged my information but I'm here for the Ancient One."

The nameless man gave him a once over before widening the door and letting Stiles inside. Stiles let out a breath he realized he kept inside as he walked forward.

The man in the green cloak stopped suddenly and before Stiles could say anything the man warned, "Piece of advice, forget everything you think you know about magic."

They continued walking and the man spoke once again, "The sanctuary of our teacher. The Ancient One."

"Cool name, wonder what their previous  name might have been?" Stiles commented as he tried to break the tension. The man in the green cloak didn't find his comment so amusing.

They entered a room and immediately Stiles' bag was taken away and he was given a cup. Stiles was taken aback for a moment before muttering out a thank you to the servants.

Bald women in a white cloak appeared with a kettle and poured him some tea and right as he was about to say another thank you, she replies,  "Welcome to Kamar-Taj, Stiles. Deaton has told me much about you."

Stiles's eyes widen as he realized who he was standing in front of. The man in the green cloak acknowledges her presence before walking towards the exit.

"Thank you Master Mordo." And with that, anybody who was previously in the room left beside Stiles and herself.

"I guess you might be familiar with the circumstances of why I am here."

"Yes. He's been made aware of his minuscule mistakes as well with your other advisor, David."

Stiles was taken aback by her blunt statement. He's learned almost everything about his powers from both of them and now he's hearing that they've been wrong this whole time.

Stiles cleared his throat after he took a sip of his tea as he takes in her words. "What might those mistakes be?"

"They've led you to believe magic is sectioned off into 2 categories. Magic is but a spectrum. There are just people who are more skilled in areas than others and condemn themselves to labels and leading their kids to believe they could only practice that specifically. Over time generations forget about other forms and don't go beyond their limitations."

She could see the wheels turning in Stiles' head. She gave him a moment to process before offering, "May I show you something?"

He nodded his head and the next thing he knew she was pushing at his chest and he was no longer in his body. He felt weightless and he looks down to discover he was no longer in his body. Mordo was holding onto his body below as he saw the Ancient One close her fist and he was projected back into his physical form.

He gasped before asking bewildering, "What did you just do?"

"I pushed your astral form out of your physical form. For a moment, you entered the astral dimension."

"The what?" Stiles asked in shock as he tried to regain his breath. He felt as if his body was going into shock.

"A place where the soul exists apart from the body. You've lived your life seeing in parts but not the whole. You're a man looking at the world through a keyhole. You know more than most, that's true but you've only read and practice sorcery in this realm. Even then you haven't come to terms with the magic that's been provided for you much less the things I'll teach you, " The Ancient One states with softeyes and a tight smile. A smile that is so close to pity that it made Stiles' teeth clench together.

"Yes. And your point?" Stiles asks in frustration but he maintained his composer. Nat would be disappointed in him if she found out that he was letting someone get under his skin.

"My point is in order for you to properly train I need to see you make an effort in trying to accept who you are. No holding back because then you'll miss out on this."

Stiles looked at her in confusion as he asked, "In what?"

"On this," She says as she goes to touch his forehead.

He then felt as if he was going pulled back and he crashed out of the building into the sky. He was now flying above the world as he saw the curvature of the earth. He was in a loop whole as he flew through a tunnel of colors. His body felt as if it stood vibrating like the radio waves of a speaker as he was being sucked into a black hole.

The Ancient One finally pulled him back to 'reality.' Fortunately, Mordo had a chair ready for him as his body collapsed. "Next time warn a guy, " Stiles breathed out as his chest heaved.

She strolled towards him and stares down at him with her smiles still intact as she says, "This universe is only one of an infinite number. Worlds without end. Some benevolent and life-giving. Others filled with malice and hunger. Dark places, where powers older than time lie ravenous... and waiting."

As Stiles came back to his senses he looked up with a breathy laugh and said, "I'm willing."

Her smile seemed to be more sincere. She looks over to Mordo and says, "Take him to his quarters."

Mordo helps him to his feet as he leads him to his room. He opened the double doors to show him a comfortable room. It had a twin bed in the center, a desk near a wide window that had bars along attached to it. He set his bag on the desk chair and looked towards the bathroom that was blocked off by a semi-thin veil. It had a sink, a medium-sized tub, and a toilet.

Mordo hands him a piece of paper and says, "That's the WiFi password. The Ancient One will call upon you, " before he leaves and closes the door behind him.

Stiles sits on his bed as he looks down at his ring finger and says, "Till death do we part my love."