Advice

Stiles was sitting in the park watching kids go by. He doesn't know how he got here. One moment he was bleeding out and the next he was fine.

Someone cleared their throat and Stiles turned to see who it was. Who he saw was not what he expected.

"Hi, I never thought this would be how we met," Nadia greeted with a nervous smile as she stood in front of her son.

"How-I thought you were dead?" Stiles asked shocked.

"I am. You are in Bardo. I'm here to help you decide if you want to continue to live or die. Claudia was going to come, but she thought it was best that it be me," Nadia said as she pushed a piece of her hair back, away from her face.

There was a silence that took over the atmosphere.

"I can tell you are having a hard time deciding if you want to stay or not. May I have a seat?" Nadia asked, gesturing to the empty spot next to him on the bench.

"Yeah, go ahead," He said while scooting over a little as she sat down.

"When it was my time to go, I didn't have the choice. Very few have the choice actually. Fate decides whether we should or shouldn't. The special ones, like yourself, have the choice because you have the potential to make a change," Nadia explained as she looked off in site.

"That doesn't sound nice at all. I love my family and friends, but everything hurts. I'm in pain. I haven't even tapped into my full abilities and to be honest, I'm scared," Stiles confessed and he could feel his eyes stinging.

"I know sweetheart. I've watched you every step of the way. Trust me, it pains me that I wasn't there to help. But, I am proud to see the man that you have become. I couldn't think of anyone better to call my son," She said as she wiped away a tear that was falling off his cheek.

"I just met you today, yet it seems like I've known you my whole life," Stiles mumbled with a painful chuckle.

"You remind me of your father. I met him as the Winter Soldier, but I knew him as my James. He was very headstrong. No matter how many times Hydra tore him apart, he would always manage to go back to the man they captured. He was a smooth talker, that one. Once his walls dropped around me, and he stopped being so damn shy. But I don't blame him for the thick walls. What they did to him was the stuff of nightmares. He was also a sarcastic little shit. I would say you got that from him but he can't take all the credit. My side of the family was like that too," Nadia reminisced and they both chuckled.

"I don't know what to do. On the one hand, I want to be with the people that mean the world to me... no offense. But on the other hand, I want the pain to stop," Stiles muttered as he looked down at his hands and fumbled with them a little bit. Holding them together as his thumbs made pushed against one another and then continued in a circular motion.

"None taken, let me show you something," Nadia offered. She moved her hand in a wave-like motion and the setting around them changed as if they were in a movie.

Stiles and Nadia were standing at a motel and not just any motel. They were in one of his memories. The moment when Scott almost committed suicide.

"Why are we watching this?" Stiles asked sharply. He hated this memory with every fiber of his body. He never wanted to relive this experience again.

"Shh, just watch," Nadia silences him.

"Scott, just listen to me, okay? You aren't just anyone. Okay, you are someone. Scott, you are my best friend. Okay, I need you. Scott, you are my brother. Alright, so if you are going to do this then you are just going to have to take me with you." A younger version of Stiles said as he stepped into the gasoline, taking a hold of the one thing that could set him, and Scott into flames in the next few seconds.