One on One

Stiles was minding his own business, typing on his computer when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

He took off his earphones and looked up to see Natasha looking down at him.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Fury wants you to speak to Loki," She informed him and Stiles furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as well as Tony and Bruce who were listening in to their conversation.

"Why would he want me to talk to Loki?" Stiles asked confused.

"Actually he wanted me to talk to Loki but Loki refused to talk unless it was you," Natasha states with a hint of worry in her voice. She has grown to appreciate Stiles and his pack's company and their presence. They were just as important to her as Clint is; even though she does not voice it.

"I don't know if I should be flattered or worried," Stiles said to no one in particular.

"You want the boys to be with you?" Natasha asked knowing the great bond Stiles had with his pack and how strong they were together.

"No, they should have some alone time. They just got engaged for Christ sake, also Jackson would probably be growling at Loki the whole time," Stiles said as he got up from his seat and made his way to Loki's cellar.

——————-
"There's not many people who can sneak up on me," Loki said as his back was turned and then he faced Stiles.

"You knew I would come after you rejected Natasha and asked for my presence instead," Stiles states with his arms behind his back, keeping a soldier like a stance.

"You are something different Stiles. You understand things that some people just don't have the mental capacity to understand. Black Widow looks like she has been through a great ordeal but when I look into your eyes, I see a similar pain to mine. I've told you my story, I am truly fascinated to know yours," Loki remarks and Stiles stiffened a little.

He could see the similarity in himself with Loki and he could see why Loki would be less hostile to him than to other agents. But he knew the true difference between them both. Loki chose to go down the dark path and make people think he was evil because it was something his brother wasn't. He so desperately did not want to be compared to his perfect brother, he became everything his brother wasn't. He hated the shadow he was cast under growing up and the sudden news about his bloodline made things worse. Loki did love his brother but he was too blind by rage and betrayal from his 'father' that he lashes out and interprets his brother's love for pity and he hated pity. Loki just wanted to prove that he could be better than his brother if not strength-wise then smart wise.

Stiles knew that feeling because Scott was the perfect best friend, the true alpha that could not do any evil. While Stiles made mistakes and didn't see everything black and white as Scott did. He knew that everyone wasn't who they seem to be and was weary about anyone new in his life while Scott was open arms. Stiles learned to accept who he was and the role he played and took a good path. No matter how much bad has been in his life, he couldn't bear the fact of hurting someone that did no wrong.

"I want to know what you've done to Agent Barton," Stiles verbalized as he tried to avoid the conversation Loki desires to talk about. So he decided to ask about his friend that he is desperately worried about.

"Okay fine, but I will know your story sooner or later Stiles. I would say I've expanded Agent Barton's mind," Loki declares with a smirk.

"And once you've won, once you're the king of the mountain, what happens to his mind?" Stiles asked as he walks towards the glass to Loki's cell.

"Tell me, why do care for Agent Barton?" Loki asked curiously.

"Fine, I'll take the bait. When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D with my friends Jackson and Isaac, he was one of my mentors and he soon became a good friend," Stiles explains.

"What will you do if I vow to spare him?" Loki asked as he took a seat on a chair in his cell.

"Not let you out," Stiles stated with his arms crossed.

"No, but I like this. I get to get a peek into your life that you desperately try to survive day by day. Your world in the balance, and you bargain for a friend," Loki said smirking.

"Regimes fall every day. Trust me, I've seen people with so much power lose it all in a matter of months even weeks. I tend not to weep so much over that, Natasha taught me. She's Russian or she was," Stiles responds with a shrug.

"And what are you now?" Loki asked with a serious tone.

"It's a little complicated. I've got a story and I am living out a chapter day by day not knowing the ending set for me. Today, I'm trying to save a friend while keeping this World safe. I'm not sure if I'll make it to the end of today or if I got tomorrow waiting for me. Right now in this very moment, I'm trying to convince another guy who believes he can rule the world just like every other threat. In the end, he'll lose because he can't realize that mankind is too stubborn to hand over their freedom," Stiles notes and he saw how Loki clenched his jaw in annoyance.

"You think I can't conquer this pathetic planet?" Loki asked in the offense.

"If this planet was pathetic then why would you want to conquer it?" Stiles asked a little happy that he nicked a nerve.

Loki was quiet for a minute.

"If I tell you one thing about me will you tell one thing about your plan?" Stiles bargains and Loki thought about it for a few moments before nodding his head in agreement.

"I learned how to block people from my mind because I used to be possessed. I know what it feels like to have someone control your actions while you are just trapped in your own body struggling to take that control back. So what you are doing right now to my friend and many other innocent people are pissing me off because I know what it is like to have that choice taken away. Trust me, it's no sunshine and rainbows," Stiles told him straight.

"I am not the monster, you already brought it," Loki said not stating anything else.

"Hulk. You want him to pay a visit," Stiles said in realization.

"Loki plans on releasing the Hulk, keep him in the lab and bring Thor. I'm on my way." Stiles spoke to his walkie talkie leaving behind Loki and quickly walking towards the lab.

He's hoping that whatever Loki has planned utterly fails because he knows that if Loki succeeds it will be hell for everyone.