Sourwolf

Stiles started fidgeting as soon as they passed the welcome sign to Beacon Hills. He was restless and couldn't stop tapping on the steering wheel as he bit the inside of his cheek. Steve took notice of his boyfriend's behavior and sent him a worrying glance. Stiles noticed his glance and gave him a small smile in reassurance but it didn't make Steve feel any better. Isaac and Jackson weren't doing any better. Isaac was leaning on Jackson's shoulders as he held a tight grip onto Jackson's hand to which Jackson easily reciprocated the pressure.

"When was the last time you guys have been back?" Sam asked curiously with worry laced in his voice. He took notice of how uneasy the three men were. Anyone could see the signs from a mile away.

"Six years, give or take," Jackson replied as he took a deep breath in and slowly exhaled. He was bouncing his knee up and down as he looked out the window.

"But you guys have seen your relatives. Have you really not been back for that long?" Sam asked with furrowed eyebrows. But for the short time he has known them he realized that they have never talked about any recent memories of their hometown. Albeit they have talked about the horrors and traumatic experiences but never returning to visit their loved ones.

"We have seen them but we've never been back here. Our family usually flies over to New York or that short time in D.C. and when they can't we face-time. Granted, our schedule is usually hectic and our job wanted us to be on the call so we used it as an excuse for them to visit us or for us not to come over. There are just too many bad memories back here," Isaac answers as he once again squeezes Jackson's hand. That being his way of a distraction until they end up at the loft.

"Maybe we can use this time for salvation and a way to resolve some of your trauma," Steve optimizes as he looks over to his boyfriend who continues to tap at the steering wheel while keeping a straight face.

"Trust me, honey, my trauma is way past salvation. Let's just take it one step at a time," Stiles finally spoke up as he thought if he didn't respond Steve would persist even further to get him to speak. Why not quit while he was ahead?

"At least we get to see the pack again. It's been a while since we have seen them," Steve still chose to look on the brighter side of things. It wouldn't do any good if they all were being pessimistic about everything. He'll have his chance to be moody and grieve but as of now, he is more worried about everyone else.

"I guess. I need a McCall hug and I need to make sure Melissa didn't let my dad have too many cheat days. He would eat every meal on a burger menu if he was allowed," Stiles joked but then suddenly tensed. Steve was confused until he took a second to realized Stile's quick change in demeanor.

This would be the first time Bucky Barnes and Noah Stilinski would meet. Well, Bucky meeting the pack in general but meeting Noah was a whole different story. Noah got to experience Stiles' upbringing that Bucky, unfortunately, didn't get the choice of. Bucky would be lying if he said he wasn't jealous of the man Stiles called father for the majority of his life. He would be forever grateful that he raised him to be the fine young man he is today but there was that feeling at the pit of his stomach whenever he thought about the time lost with his son.

Noah Stilinski was a compassionate yet fierce man. Many respected him in his town and his need for justice as well with his intellect is the reason why he's had his job for some plus years. Noah would protect Stiles with his entire being so if he found something about Bucky he didn't like then there was going to be a big problem.

Steve glanced at Bucky for a moment to see his best friend clench his hand and then slowly loosen it. Telling him that he was uncomfortable and slightly distressed. Steve wouldn't blame Bucky for feeling that way.