Tic Tac

They were under an abandoned highway. Both Steve and Stiles got out of the car that unfortunately, Steve picked out.

Bucky and Sam stayed in the car while Stiles and Steve went to go talk to their helper.

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car," Sharon said as she got out of her car and slammed the door behind her.

"That's what I told him but he doesn't listen," Stiles argued as he nudged Steve to hint to him that he was right.

"It's a low profile," Steve argued as he rolled his eyes at Stiles.

"It better be low profile, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd," Sharon said as she opened her trunk to show them their gear and suits.

"We owe you again," Steve stated.

"That's an understatement." Stiles shot out with a huff.

"Stiles, I know you and the boys usually wear the S.H.I.E.L.D uniforms so I grabbed a few and tore out the logo. As well with providing you with some guns, full well knowing you would most likely use your supernatural powers but it's nice to be extra prepared." Sharon said with a smile as she tapped her hood.

"You know they are gonna come looking for you," Stiles warned with a worried expression.

"I know." She stated, he saw no regret in her eyes. He felt better knowing that she didn't feel burdened for helping them.

"Thank you, Sharon," Steve stated and Stiles nodded his head in agreement.

"Boys! Come help me." Stiles said and both boys came out of the separate car they had driven in.

"Yes, Stiles." They said in sync as they helped the gear into their car.

Once they finished they waved a quick goodbye to Sharon and got back inside the car. Stiles sat in the back with Bucky since he couldn't risk Sam sitting next to his father.

They'd probably acted like children and say, "Sam's pointing his finger in my face."

"No, I'm pointing around you. Bucky just gave me a wet willy!"

Stiles would not be able to get through that car ride. His paternal instincts would kick in and say something like, "If you both don't stop, tomorrow won't be an option for the both of you!"

Cruel, meh.

Maybe he over-exaggerated but all of them are adults with kid spirits.

They drove to the airport, parking on Ebene Level B6. The whole level was empty and the only car there beside theirs was a white van.

Everyone got out of the car and Clint, Wanda, and Pietro got out of the van.

"Cap. Stiles." Clint greeted as he hugged Stiles and gave Steve a handshake.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve said giving his worried eyes to Clint.

"Hey, man, you're doing me a favor," Clint said as he took a peek at Bucky.

"The boy of yours still wears the necklace?" Stiles asked curiously.

"Every day refuses to take it off or let anyone touch it," Clint started with a fond chuckle.

"He's my nephew, I'd do anything to protect him and your family," Stiles stated without hesitation. Clint had done so much for him, he's family.

Clint nods his head with full understanding.

"Thanks for having our back," Stiles said as he looked at the twins.

"It was time to get off our ass," Wanda said as she looked at Clint, she said it as if it was some kind of inside joke.

"I wouldn't have left you guys dry like that if I knew that they were just gonna put you guys on house arrest," Stiles said as he went to hug them.

"We know," Pietro said with an understanding voice.

Isaac and Jackson came over to hug the twins as well. Equally sorry as well. Over time, they had worked with the twins. Helping them feel more welcomed and learn how to control their powers. Soon, the twins were usually alway with them, so leaving how they did make them feel guilty.

Stiles helped Wanda with spells while he helped Pietro learn how to calm down, as he was always buzzing to do something and couldn't sit still. Being fast also made his mind race fast. Pietro was always restless and since Stiles has ADHD he knows how that's like. Jackson and Isaac helped train them in combat, teaching them a few moves of self-defense if they weren't able to use their powers. Steve would also come into training sessions as well but mostly for moral support. He knew Stiles had everything under control. Sam even spared with them once in a while when he wasn't busy looking for Bucky.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked.

"He's ready to go. I put a little coffee in him but... he should be good." Clint said as he opened the van door to display a man sleeping in the back seat.

Clint bangs loudly on the door to only startle the stranger awake.

He got out of the van saying, "What time zone is this?"

"This is him?" Isaac whispered in Jackson's ear, a little disappointed and Jackson just snickered.

"As long as he is good during the fight and proves himself useful, I really don't care," Jackson answers him and Isaac nods his head in understanding.

"Captain America!" The stranger said enthusiastically.

"Mr. Lang," Steve said with a small smile and they shook hands.

"It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America. I know you, too. You're great! Hey, man!" Scott greeted Sam.

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam said with a nod of acknowledgment.

"Good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I..." Scott tried to apologize but Sam cut in.

"It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again," Sam said with a smile and Scott looked confused.

"Wait, you are Tic Tac! Me, Jackson and Stiles have seen that security video so many times. It was awesome." Isaac said as he went into a fit of laughter. Stiles and Jackson then remember as well and start doubling over, it was so hard not to laugh.

"Thanks," Scott said with a proud smile.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked Scott as he was confused between the exchange with Sam.

"Something about some psycho- assassins?" Scott asked unsurely.

"We're outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted man." Steve said in his Captain America voice. Stiles wasn't sure if Steve is ever aware when he changes his tone of voice, like if he had an on or off button. Sometimes he thinks Steve does it on purpose but other times, he thinks Steve's oblivious to when he does it.

"Yeah, well, what else is new?" Scott asked rhetorically.

"We should get moving," Bucky said, finally speaking up for the first time out of the whole conversation.

"We got a chopper lined up," Clint said and then they heard the speaker in the parking lot turn on. A man speaking in a foreign language.

"They're evacuating the airport," Bucky informed them.

"Stark," Sam stated.

"Stark?" Scott asked.

"Suit up," Steve ordered.
—————
Author's Note:

Sorry, the chapter is short but I wanted to save the fight scene for the next chapter.