Back To Class

BOUND TO A VAMPIRE

Chapter 11: Back To Class

Hermione ran from her dorm, grabbing her bag with her books ready in it on her way, and out of the common room.

Oh she was so screwed!

She was extremely late, having to change clothes and then brush out her hair which had looked ratty from sleeping.

And the Professor, she was sure, would not be pleased.

For first period she had Professor McGonagall for Transfiguration.

Professor McGonagall, despite being the Headmistress, had not wanted to stop teaching, so continued being the Transfiguration teacher as well.

Hermione rushed into the room, panting softly.

All eyes went to her, and the whole classroom paused.

"Why are you late, Miss Granger?" asked McGonagall.

"I'm so sorry professor! I had to change clothes and-"

The professor cut her off, "It's alright. Please take a seat."

She looked around, passing her normal seat next to Ron and Harry who both looked at her a bit angrily, and found a pair of extremely pleading, glowing silver eyes.

Pansy Parkinson was sitting right next to Draco Malfoy, who looked awfully disconcerted.

His whole expression was one of 'please help me' to which she nodded and started over.

"Just tell her to move she'll listen to you," Hermione whispered to Draco.

Draco gave Pansy a glance, and Pansy glared at both of them, but looked at Draco sweetly after the short glare session.

Draco glared at her, and let out an inhuman hiss. "Move," he growled.

Pansy shook her head defiantly, and Hermione raised an eyebrow.

Draco's eyes narrowed. "Move," he said again, but there was something... off about his voice.

Pansy stood up, as if in a haze, and lumbered away, moving sluggishly and almost zombie-like.

Hermione blinked at her and watched as she moved to the front of the class.

After sitting down, the pug-faced girl shook her head violently, and then looked back, an almost concerned, questioning look on her face.

As if she didn't remember moving.

Hermione slowly slide into the seat that Pansy had been sitting in, and looked over at Draco.

Draco's eyes were glued on Pansy, glowing even more intensely then before, but they then dimmed a bit and he looked away.

"Did you just...?" Hermione whispered.

"I... I don't know," Draco murmured back, "It was weird. Something just came over me..."

"It was almost like you were controlling her," Hermione said.

"Yes. More like compelling her to do as I said," he agreed, "I don't even know how I did it."

"It's okay. We'll figure it out," Hermione replied, "We'd better pay attention now, or else Professor McGonagall will be mad."

Draco nodded, and turned his head so he was looking towards the front of the classroom.

Hermione pulled out her notebook and quill, along with her ink pot, and started taking notes on what the Professor was saying.