This Is A Bit Overwhelming...

BOUND TO A VAMPIRE

Chapter 7: This Is A Bit Overwhelming...

Hermione slumped against the wall, and was breathing rather harshly.

Draco tilted his head to the side, watching her with a bit of concern. "Did I take too much...?" he asked.

Hermione's eyes wandered to his, and she gulped a bit. "No I just... wasn't expecting..." she looked around.

The room was rather chaotic people freaking out about the changes that a few of the young witches and wizards had gone through.

"All of my best friends...." she continued.

Draco blinked at her, "They'll be okay I believe."

Hermione focused on him again, "I know but I'm worried. I mean.. Harry is a wolf Draco. A wolf!"

Draco shook his head, "Werewolf," he corrected her, "He'll turn back when he gains control."

Hermione shook her head back, "Who knows how long that will be?! Ugh. I'm just trying to wrap my head around all of this. How is it even possible for this to happen?"

Draco shrugged softly, and started to approach again, but she held up her hand, making him pause in his steps. "I don't know. It seems pretty impossible, doesn't it?"

Hermione nodded and looked around him at where the Elven Ginny was hugging the Wolf Harry tightly.

"It's quite overwhelming," she murmured, and hugged herself.

"It is," he made to move closer again, and she didn't raise up her hand this time.

He slid down the wall as gracefully as doing that action even seemed possible, and sat next to her.

She glanced at him before looking out at the sea of chaos erupting before them again, "I hope Neville got Luna to the lake without trouble."

Draco nodded and glanced around, "So Gryffindor's Golden Girl isn't going to try and help everyone right now?" he asked her.

She shook her head, "They can help themselves. I'm worn."

He noticed now that her voice sounded tired. He knew why.

He licked his lips and caught a residue of her blood. His eyes flashed quickly to red and then back to the glowing silver.

"Are you going to be alright?" he asked her.

She nodded and didn't give an actual reply, before almost unconsciously leaning into him.

He tensed up slightly when her head fell onto his shoulder, but relaxed soon enough.

He glanced at her with a light smile until he heard a growl. Ginny and Harry were approaching, and Harry was glaring at him.

"Malfoy." Ginny said, and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yes?" he asked, raising his head to look at them.

Hermione, who had closed her eyes once her head landed on his shoulder, opened them back up, and looked at the two.

Ginny narrowed her eyes, and Harry let another growl come forth from his throat his eyes glued to Draco.

"You act like this is normal, Malfoy. To find Hermione resting on your shoulder and not even trying to help anyone freaking out. She wasn't affected and because of that she needs to tell everyone to calm down. They won't listen to us. Well, me anyways." Ginny said, her tone rather terse.

Hermione lifted her head off Draco's shoulder slowly and a bit reluctantly. "Gin... I'm tired. I'm worn out and I feel drained."

"Literally," Draco said under his breath.

"I... try to get Harry to turn back to human. If anyone can get everyone to calm down, it's him." Hermione said, the weariness in her tone obvious. "I need to rest. If you can't figure out how to get everyone to calm down... come back."

Ginny looked between the two, and Draco simply raised an eyebrow.

"Perhaps it would be better if Hermione was in her dorm," she stated, addressing Draco.

"She's fine here," Draco retorted.

Harry let out another growl, and Draco sent him a glare, which he returned full on.

"I don't mind. Dorm... here... I just... want to sleep." Hermione murmured, her eyes closing and then opening again, but much slower then an average blink, as they stayed closed for long periods of time, as if she was trying to keep herself awake and wasn't doing very well.

Draco sighed softly, "Let her be, Ginny, Harry. I would move but I am sort of acting as Golden Granger's pillow at the moment, so I can't. Why don't you two try and calm everyone down again, alright?"

Ginny let out a rather undignified snort. "Fine. Come on Harry." she tapped her hand on her calf, like one would call a dog, and turned around, walking away.

Harry glanced at the two one last time before padding off after her, his tail wagging slowly.

Hermione let her head fall back onto Draco's shoulder, and she curled up next to him, her eyes falling closed and she drifted off rather quickly.

Here was where the two of them would stay the rest of the night, even while Harry found out how to turn back to human, and got everyone to calm down.

Even while the Great Hall cleared out, and the teachers cleaned up the party with a swish and flick of their wands.

Even though some of the teachers told them to go back to their dorms, Draco stayed awake and told them to leave them alone, Hermione was already asleep.

Since they were both top students, the teachers would sigh and accept them staying there, even though many were surprised at who exactly it was that were together.

While Hermione slept, Draco's eyes closed only a few hours after approximately one o'clock in the morning, but he didn't sleep for almost the whole rest of the 'night'.

He simply admired the beauty she had while sleeping, and smiled softly to himself. And when he finally did fall asleep he dreamt of her.