Restricted Section

BOUND TO A VAMPIRE

Chapter 19: Restricted Section

"No." Draco hissed as Hermione pulled out yet another book and showed it to him.

She frowned and put it back, before turning towards him with her hands on her hips. "Well it has to be somewhere." she said in a slightly heated tone.

"Yes it does." he replied, just as hotly.

"How the hell could you have lost the book?" she growled, sounding irritated. "I was just handing it to you so you could look at the spell I found."

"It quite literally disappeared from my grasp." he frowned, "right when I touched it."

"You could be helping me look." she said, "That book probably had the best clue to what spell to use!"

"I would help you look if I wasn't nervous about making another book disappear."

"I'm touching them just fine." she retorted.

"But you're also still a full witch I'm-"

"A vampire I know. That shouldn't change whether you can touch a book or not!"

"Maybe it does! This is the restricted section all of the books may have wards against dark magic." Draco replied.

"Dark magic? You a-"

He cut her off, "Hermione I'm the walking incarnation of dark magic. I used to be a Death Eater in case you've forgotten! Not only that, I'm now a vampire which is a creature of darkness, and was probably turned into one with dark magic, because I sure as hell wasn't bitten! Do not tell me that I'm a good person, I see that expression on your face. That fact doesn't change that I'm a dark being, and I wasn't always a good person... you know that first hand."

Hermione sighed loudly and continued her search for the book, deciding not to respond to what he had just said, because it was absolutely true.

Draco fiddled with a piece of paper and a pencil he found, and started making little, stupid doodles out of boredom.

Hermione glanced down at him, seeing as she had just got up onto a chair to look at the books that were higher up, and tilted her head. "What are you drawing?"

Draco stopped and looked up, almost immediately crumbling up the paper. "Nothing." he looked away, licking his lips nervously.

He had been drawing a cute little picture of the two of them together. Stick figures (despite the fact he could actually draw. One of the many artistic things forced upon him by his parents) but them together nonetheless.

Hermione shook her head lightly and went back to looking, "Aha!" she grabbed the book down and got down from the chair carefully. She flipped through the book and found the spell she was looking for. "Draco I found it! Can I try it?" she asked.

Draco nodded, "Of course you can." he told her with a soft grin.

She took out her wand and pointed it at him, then cast the spell as listed. He seemed practically unaffected, but she smiled. "Let's see if it worked..." she put the book down and put the wand away, then touched his arm.

A grin spread over her face and she pulled him into a hug. "It worked!" she exclaimed, "You're nice and warm and definitely cuddle worthy now." she turned herself around so her back was pressed into his chest and she sat down on his lap.

He let out a joyful laugh and grinned at her. His arms soon wrapped around her and he kissed the side of her forehead with his now warm lips. "I'm glad. It was much easier than expected. Is there anything else you want to look for while we're in here?"

Hermione seemed to ponder it momentarily, happy to just stay here cuddled up in his arms, but shook her head, "No, unless you want to look for a spell that can turn everyone back to normal..." she frowned then, "I'm sure the others aren't as happy as we are..."

"Mm... I'm sure they're not."