As everyone emptied out, I was worried the elevator was going to close on us. "Kokichi!" I whispered. He didn't wake up.

"Kokichi! You gotta wake up!"

"...."

"...ugh.."

I sighed and picked him up, immediately surprised by how light he was. That's right, he never ate earlier....

I went over to his dorm, momentarily forgetting how cautious he was of people and struggled to get the door open. I guess he locked it.

I didn't necessarily want to go digging through his pockets for a key, so I brought him to my room. He might feel safer there, honestly.

I laid him on the bed, sort of unsure of where else to put him, and sat down. It was kind of awkward, just sitting there while he slept...

Here goes nothing.

"Kokichi?" I said, shaking him lightly. "Kokichi, get up..."

His eyes fluttered open, and upon seeing he was somewhere else than his own room, he shot up and jumped out of bed. "W-Where am I?" he whimpered, then looked over to me, still just awkwardly standing there.

He ran into me, making me stumble backwards a little. "I-I..." he started to say, his eyes already tearing up.

"H-Hey, it's okay, Kokichi..." I assured him. "You're alright. Nothings wrong. Everything's okay." I said to him, almost feeling as if I needed that assurance as well.

He looked up at me with glassy eyes, but a small smile spread across his cheeks. I admit, it was....

Adorable.

"See? Nothing to worry about," I said.

"T-Thanks Shuichi..." he stuttered.

We stood in silence for a while, mostly consisting of him latched onto my body, and me just standing there, not really knowing what else to do. After a while, he said to me, "What time is it?" without stuttering for once.

"Uh.. it's 7:30... about dinner time. Although I'm not sure anyone could really eat after what happened today.."

"G-Go on ahead... I'll catch up," he said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go eat... y-you must be s-starving,"

"Aren't you?"

"......." Silence.

"Just...go without me. I'll be there sooner or later."

"Okay, if you insist.." I said, leaving the room.

I couldn't help but think he was avoiding eating. But why? Maybe he was too anxious to eat? Too scared? Too.... sad?

I brushed the thought away before I could really consider it. Walking into the cafe, everyone was there, but all in a deep state of depression.

Kaede, however, was trying to cheer everyone up.

"Cmon, guys! We still have each other, right?" she said, but still with a small twinge of sadness in her voice.

"Give it up, Kaede," Maki said, emotionlessly. Just hearing her so upset made me shudder.

"Ah, Shuichi! There you are!" Kaede said, ignoring Maki's previous statement. "I've been looking all over for you! Where were you?"

"Uh-"

"Hah, bet you were f**king the little rat!" Miu yelled.

Kaede and I both rolled our eyes.

She put her attention back on me. "Where were you?" she repeated.

"Kokichi fell asleep in the elevator. I took him back to his room," I said, bending the truth a little. I didn't want Miu to get the wrong idea.

"Aw, poor thing. He must be exhausted." Kaede said sadly. "You might really have to take care of him, Shuichi."

"I got here on my own, didn't I?"

I jumped at hearing Kokichi's voice. It sounded just like... the old him. Had the spell worn off? Was this whole thing just an act?

I turned around, to see him standing there, but he was covering his mouth with his hands. "W-What just happened?" he said.

"What do you mean..?" Kaede said.

"I... don't know.... I don't know why I said that..."

"....."

"His memories come back... slowly," Himiko said, eavesdropping on our conversation. "It takes a lot of time, though. Jeez, I wish I could have done a better spell... that made them gone forever..."

"Now that's just cruel!" Kaede cried. "Himiko, please! Turn him back to normal!"

"N-Normal?" Kokichi asked. "What does that m-mean?"

"Don't.. worry about it Kokichi..." I said, barely able to hear myself over Kaede and Himiko fighting.

What would happen to him? What would Himiko do once he's back to normal? Is..
he going to be okay?