Chapter Eighteen

Robertson put his foot down on the accelerator and motored on. He gritted his teeth, hands wrapped tightly around the steering wheel as he weaved in and out of traffic.

He put on his sirens so he'd get to the station faster. If everyone hadn't of moved out of his way when he was passing, he would've rammed right through them like a bull.

That was the type of mood he was in, and it wasn't getting any better.

He slammed down on the brakes, tires screeching as he entered the car park. He aggressively pulled up the hand brake, getting out of the car and slamming it shut behind him, marching towards the station main entrance.

Many of his colleagues stayed out of his way, clearly fearful of him. Nowadays nobody got in his way because they feared he would snap any moment, and at that very moment he was on his last straw.

He swung open his office door, grabbing case files, ammunition and a bullet proof vest. He fumbled with his keys and let out a frustrated grunt. He looked at the glass shelf before him and smashed his elbow into it, millions of pieces of glass shattering to the floor.

He grabbed his shotgun and an extra pistol. He shoved the pistol into his waist band and swung his shotgun across his back.

He picked up the photo of himself and Jade that was on his desk. He brushed his thumb over her, his breath catching in his throat.

He set it down and left his office, many curious eyes on him as headed towards the double automatic doors.

Detective West opened his mouth to question what Robertson was doing, but quickly shut his trap once Robertson gave him a daring look.

He got in his car, put it into gear and sped off down the road. If he was going to find Jade he'd have to start from the beginning. He knew exactly who to pay a visit to first.

Dr. Densel.

~
Jade shivered with the cold, her body in agony. She lay on her side, shaking with the bitter cold. A draft came from the walls which didn't help matters.

Her shirt was torn to shreds and her pants were no better. Her ankle had gotten even bigger and she was sure the circulation was going to cut off any day now.

The door to the basement creaked open, light infiltrating the dark room, a shadow creeping along the walls as the figure edged ever closer.

There was a soft click and a light flickered on, blinding her. It took her a few minutes to adjust to the brightness before she could properly see.

Cheverston stood above her, hands in his pockets, a grim look plastered on his face. "Get up."

Jade glared at him. "I would if my ankle wasn't broken."

Cheverston cocked his head to the side. "You don't want another broken ankle, do you?"

Jade certainly did not want another broken ankle. She could just imagine the pain and she could also picture Cheverston forcing her to walk on two broken ankles.

Jade hissed in pain as she sat upright, a cry escaping her lips. Cheverston watched as she struggled to get up, a whimper coming from her here and there.

Jade managed to get up, her good leg shaking. Even though she was very skinny and most likely anorexic at this stage, she could barley hold herself upright.

Cheverston rolled his eyes. "You're a weak little shit, you know that?"

Jade narrowed her slits but knew better than to talk back to him. If she said something sarcastic- like she usually does- he'd more than likely knock her over and make her get up again and proceed to knock her over and over until she couldn't get up anymore.