Chapter Seven

Jade chewed on her lip as she sat there, frozen to the spot.

They know I killed him

She looked up at the camera on the wall and shivered.

It wouldn't be long until the police would be rushing through the hospital doors, armed to the teeth, ready to arrest her and give her a life sentence.

She swallowed hard but took a deep breath. She couldn't go to prison. She'd never handle it.

She spent the rest of her day, curled up in a tight ball, awaiting for the moment that she would be arrested.

~
Cheverston sat back in his seat, smirking at the camera.

Jade kept glancing up at the camera every so often and then back at the door with fear in her eyes.

Hannah interrupted Cheverston. "Any progress Dr. Ronald?"

Cheverston spun around his chair and smiled. "Not yet, but trust me," he chuckled darkly. "You'll see a lot of progress soon."

Hannah gave him a warm smile. "Would you like anything? I know how hard it can be taking care of mental teenagers."

Cheverston shook his head and spun around in his chair, smirking at the monitor. "I'm just fine."

Hannah sighed deeply. "Any plans anytime soon? I would die for a vacation."

Cheverston smiled. "I'm thinking of taking my wife out to a cabin in the woods near the lakes."

Hannah gasped. "Dr. Ronald! Who knew you could be the romantic type."

Cheverston grinned. "Indeed, who knew?"

Hannah sighed deeply. "We'll I better get back to it, goodbye Dr. Ronald."

Cheverston heard Hannah's heel click on the marble tiles, getting fainter and fainter as she exited the room.

Cheverston smirked evilly as he zoomed in on Jade. "And progress begins now."

~
There was a click and the door swung open to Jades dismay. Cheverston strolled into the room, a smug look on his face.

"Come Jade," he motioned with his hand. "It's time for," he smirked deeply. "Therapy."

~
Jade sat in the group circle, not bothering to pay attention to anyone else's problems.

She looked down at her nails and picked every last one of them off.

Cheverston sat beside her, clearly bored out of his mind. He guarded the right side of his coat with his arm.

"You know," Cheverston whispered to her. "If the place wasn't full of surveillance, every one of these bastards would be dead."

Jade gave him a hard look. "Does it look like I give a fuck?"

"Jade," Dr. Quinn interjected with a smile. "Please listen to Joshua here who is going through a hard time. We are all here to listen and support each other, not judge."

"Oh, Boohoo." Cheverston rolled his eyes when she wasn't looking.

"Please continue, Joshua." Dr. Quinn said sweetly.

Joshua looked up for a spilt second at everyone and quickly looked at the floor. "I tried killing myself."

"Can you explain why?" She asked. "Talking helps."