Chapter Two

Jade stared at the building before her that was piling up with hundreds of students.

She bit her lower lip as she continued to stare out the window, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Jade," Robertson said snapping her out of her trance. "You'll be fine."

Jade looked at Robertson and folded her arms over her chest. "Everyone is going to stare at me and think I'm a freak."

Robertson placed a hand on her shoulder. "If anyone and I mean anyone gives you a hard time or you're finding it hard, you just call me, ok?"

Jade nodded her head and took a deep breath, closing her eyes.

"You can do this," she opened her eyes as Robertson continued to encourage her. "I know you can."

Jade picked up her bag and rested it on her lap. She opened the car door and slowly stepped out.

Robertson leaned forward so he could get a better look at her. "I'm just a phone call away."

She nodded her head and closed the door. She slung her bag over her shoulders and stood on the sidewalk, staring up at the school.

All her friends had graduated last year so she had no one this semester.

Taking a long deep breath, she moved one foot in front of the other.

Her heart skipped a beat as she entered the chattering hallways, full of girls and boys.

As she slowly walked past everyone, she could feel their eyes on her. Everything seemed to go in slow motion for her. Everyone seemed to just stopped what they were doing and stare at her.

She could feel a panic attack coming. Her heart was racing as she quickly bowed her and ran to the bathrooms.

She locked herself in a stall and began to hyperventilate. She felt as if the oxygen was blocked from her lungs.

"I can't do this." She whispered between a sob as she began to cry.

She leaned her head back on the door and sucked in a large breath and exhaled slowly.

She continued to do this until she was calm. She opened her eyes and took another deep breath.

"I can do this." She muttered to herself.

She felt like breaking down into tears at that very moment but she took deep breaths, keeping herself calm.

She unlocked the stall and exited the bathroom and looked around the halls to see no one was paying any attention whatsoever to her.

She approached her locker and entered the code, getting out the books she needed for her first three periods.

As she closed her locker, the bell rang and she sighed. She never liked school that much. Whenever she was in class she usually doodled in her copy book.

A girl with long brown hair and sapphire eyes approached her with a warm smile on her face.

She held out her hand as Jade stared at it. "I'm Jules, you can call me Julia or Julie, whatever you want."

Julia

The name hit Jade like a ton of bricks. The scene replayed in Jades mind. She was screaming, tied to the bed as Cheverston shot Julia.

Jade felt a shiver run throughout her body as the bullet was fired. Jules frowned and lowered her hand perplexed.

"Everything ok?"

Jade snapped out of it and apologised. "Sorry, I-"

Jules shook her head. "No need to explain, I just thought you could use a friend," she flushed. "Actually I need one."