forty-eight [s]

saturday,
july 13th, 2020

SHAWN MENDES

When I wake up to Trinity wrapped in my bedsheets, cuddled right up to me and adorning my ribcage in lazy kisses, I decide right then that I'm the happiest and luckiest guy alive.

"Feels nice," I murmur sleepily, eyes half shut and my hand finding her loose hair to play with.

She giggles, nosing my skin, "Morning, baby."

I smile brightly, swiftly turning on my side and snuggling into my girl to drown in her alluring scent, my lips planting little kisses on her jaw and neck. I hum, unable to get enough of her and I feel my heart ready to combust when her hands find my curls, nails lightly scratching my head and almost soothing me right back to sleep.

I'm wide awake now though, and I'm sure she can tell by my morning hard-on that's sandwiched between her stomach and mine.

I sigh when I cover the expanse of her neck in my kisses, lifting my head to lean my forehead on hers, "Good morning, my love."

"I have an idea," she pipes up, grasping my face in her soft hands.

I quirk an eyebrow, "Oh yeah? Enlighten me, honey," I chuckle.

Trinity beams up at me, "I wanna cook for you. Like you did for me back in New York."

A smile engulfs my face and my heart stammers in my chest at the brightened look on her gorgeous face. Trinity's flight back home isn't until 6pm which means we could share an early dinner if that's what she has planned.

"You do?" I say, my heart melting to a mushy puddle in the middle of my chest.

She grins, thumb lightly caressing my cheek scar and bottom lip, "Yeah. I really want to."

"Alright," I whisper, unable to refrain from smiling so hard my cheeks grow tired, "D'you want me to head to the store for you?"

"I can go if you tell me where it is."

"Turn right when you leave here, round the corner and it's across the street," I tell her mindlessly, obsessed with how she looks in my arms; all naked and glowy and just so fucking perfect that my heart clenches.

"Alright," she nods, "I'll get dressed then."

I hold her tighter, "No way, baby. You're not going anywhere for at least another hour. It's only eleven," I smirk, easing her on to her back and relishing in the way she giggles profusely as I climb on top of her to love on her chest.

"Is that right?" she laughs, palms rubbing over my back tenderly, "And what are we gonna do for at least another hour?"

"'M'gonna love on you and look after you, because I won't be able to for a couple weeks after you leave here today," I tell her, licking her breast between my lips. She gasps and I pull off her flesh, "Now relax babes, m'kay?"

***

I'm on the couch nursing a large mug of strong coffee and watching Grey's Anatomy when Trinity returns from the shop.

"You're back!" I grin, finishing off my coffee and rising from the couch as she dumps two shopping bags on the kitchen counter. "You gonna tell me what you're cookin' me yet?" I murmur, pursing my lips for a kiss as I pass her.

I wash out my cup as she giggles behind me, unpacking the ingredients, "Hmm, what d'you think of spaghetti with mozzarella-stuffed meatballs?"

I raise my eyebrows, mouth watering, "Sounds amazing."