Manik : "That's the reason I am trying one last time, but I doubt it is going to change anything. Maybe she wasn't in the right frame of mind then, but things don't pop up out of nowhere. She must have had that in her mind all along, and it just came out that day. How do you expect me to be fine after hearing what she said? She was accusing me of cheating her."

        Manik : "She was in the hospital and everyone was worried that she will stress herself. Stress wasn't good for her recovery, so I kept quiet and agreed to stay away from Nandini. That doesn't mean that I have forgotten what she said or I am going to continue like this. Now, she has recovered completely. If she isn't ready to let go of her possessiveness or insecurity, then I don't want to bear the burden of this relationship any more. The only thing bothering me now is how it will impact Fab6?"

        Cabir : "What according to you will happen?"

        Manik : "I know you and Dhruv will support me. If it was earlier, there were chances that Mukti would be upset with me for breaking up with her close friend. Now, since she herself is in a relationship, I am hoping that she as well as Abhi will understand my situation. Alya has the habit of making a mountain out of an ant hill, so I have no idea as to what extremes she will go. If she had her way, she would probably literally turn the world upside down. I didn't want to be the reason for a rift in our group, but I can't live like this for the rest of my life."

        Cabir : "Do what you think will keep you happy. If they don't understand, we will make them understand. When are you planning to talk to Alya?"

        Manik : "As early as possible."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        The next day, Manik informed Alya that he wanted to meet her alone and talk to her later during the day. Alya asked Manik to come over to her house. After the accident, they hadn't spent any time on their own. Even before that, they used to be along with their group most of the time.

        When Manik came to Alya's house, Alya took him to the terrace. She had made arrangements for a romantic evening. She had dressed up for the occasion too.

        Manik : "What was the need of all these arrangements? I told you I just wanted to talk to you."

        Alya : "Of course we will talk. We are spending time together after a long time, so I thought of making the evening special for us."

        Alya came closer to Manik and put her hands around his neck, but Manik slowly took her hands off him.

        Manik : "Let's talk first."

        Alya : "What's the hurry? We have the whole evening, we can talk later too."

        Alya tried to come closer to him once again, but Manik stopped her.

        Manik : "I am here only to talk to you. I made it clear when I told you about it."

        His tone was firm. Alya was upset with his behavior, but he didn't bother.

        Manik : "It is important for me to get this cleared. All along, I have been putting up with your possessive nature, but I can't any longer. It is suffocating me. So if you want our relationship to continue, you will have to trust me and let go of your insecurities and possessiveness."