Chapter L

Chloe's POV

"Wait, mommy!" Emily calls out as I practically race through the hospital.

"Come on, baby!" I pick up Emily and run down the corridor.

As soon as I heard that Beca had woken up, I left home with seconds and sped to the hospital. I'm pretty sure I got a speeding fine but I don't care. Beca is far more important than anything right now. Emily and I were just getting ready to go when John called. I was planning on taking Emily to the hospital so she could read to Beca then I was going to take her to mum and dad's while I sat with Beca but plans have changed. Beca is awake and Emily and I are hurrying to her room to see her.

I couldn't believe it when John told me that Beca was awake. I knew Beca would wake up eventually but it was still a shock to hear him say it. I was over the moon when I heard and I nearly cried. My Beca is awake and I'm not going to waste any more time.

"Where is she?" The words leave my mouth in a breathless state when I enter Beca's room.

I look over to the bed and see Beca sitting upright talking to Stacie. Beca... She's pale and she looks tired but she looks better than when she did when she was in a coma. It looks like everyone's here, too - Beca's parents, Stacie, Aubrey, Sergeant Adams, Officer Hobart, even Chicago and Jesse are here.

"Mama!" Emily exclaims, jumping from my arms and racing over to Beca.

"Em!" Beca beams.

Emily climbs up onto her bed and throws her arms around Beca's neck.

"Careful, baby! Careful!" I rush over and make sure Emily isn't holding her too tightly.

"You're awake!" Emily states.

"I am..." Beca holds onto Emily and I can tell that she's crying since she's hiding her face in Emily's neck.

"I've missed you, mama."

"I've missed you, too, baby girl. I've missed you so much..." Beca sniffs and my heart cracks.

"Please don't leave again," Emily begs.

"I won't, champ. I'll always be there for you. ALWAYS." Beca pulls away and quickly wipes her eyes before examining Emily. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, mommy's been looking after me."

"Good. Did anybody hurt you aside from what you dad did when I came in?"

"No," she shakes her head. "I was just hungry and scared. Daddy said that I was going to go somewhere but I didn't want to go."

Beca clenches her jaw and she looks like she's about to burst into tears again but she pulls Emily back in for another hug to prevent it.

"I'm so glad you're okay, baby girl."

"You saved me..."

"I did what I could."

"You scared me."

"Scared you?" Beca pulls away again to look at her. "How?"

"When you went to the hospital and didn't wake up. You scared me."

"Oh... Well, I'm sorry.

"Don't do it again."

Beca chuckles. "I'll try not to."

"Good." Emily pecks Beca's cheek and hugs her. "I love you, mama."

"I love you, too, champ."

"Hey," Aubrey steps in next to me.