Chapter XIX

Beca's POV

I'm currently on my way to Stacie's at the moment since I haven't heard from her in a few days, which is not like her at all. We text pretty much every day so for me to not hear from her is odd. She's not returning my calls or texts and I'm starting to worry about her, which isn't like me at all. I pull up to her house and see that the lights are on. I'm stopping here before I head over to Chloe's for dinner and games after with her and Emily. I want to see what's going on with Stacie before I go over since it's been nagging at me for days now. I get out of my car and go to the front door where I knock. Thankfully, I don't have to wait too long before Stacie opens the door.

"Beca?" She says.

"Hey, dude. What have you been doing? I've texted and called you but I haven't heard from you. Is everything okay?"

"Okay? Are you serious right now?" She frowns at me.

"Ah... Yeah...? Why wouldn't I be?"

"You really have some nerve, Beca Mitchell."

"Wha... What do you mean?"

"I'm not playing this game with you, Beca. If you love Chloe so much then why don't you go back to her? I'm done." Stacie goes to slam the door in my face but I catch the door before it shuts.

"Stacie! What the Hell?" I follow her inside.

"Go away, Beca!"

"No, tell me what's going on?" I follow her down the hall and into her kitchen where she pours herself a glass of wine.

"Just leave, Beca. You made it quite clear that you didn't want to be friends anymore so you better go. I've got my parents coming up to meet Aubrey so I don't have time for this."

"Okay, firstly, wow. I had no idea you were going to introduce your parents to Aubrey and second, didn't want to be friends? What the Hell are you talking about?"

"Don't pretend that you didn't accuse me of using you the other night! I'm not stupid!"

"I, I didn't say that you were!"

"You did!"

"I didn't! Stacie, please tell me what's going on. I have no idea what you're talking about."

Stacie looks at me oddly and I have no idea what she's thinking. I have no idea what's just happened but Stacie looks pissed beyond words and she's mad at me for something. I honestly have no clue what's going on but apparently, I've done something.

"You really don't know what's going on?"

"No, I have no clue, dude! I came over to see why you weren't returning my calls or texts. What's happened?"

"You sent me texts the other night. I asked if you wanted to have lunch together and you sent me a picture of you lying on Chloe."

What is she talking about? What texts? What picture?

"I don't remember doing any of that."

She frowns at me. "Really?"

"Really. What texts?" I pull out my phone and go through my messages with her. "Like... where did I send those things to you? There's nothing here."

Stacie frowns at me again then steps over to me and looks at my phone and the perplexed look on her face only intensifies.

"That's so weird... Here," Stacie grabs her phone and shows me the photo she was talking about along with the texts.

What the Hell is this? I have absolutely no recollection of sending these things or taking that photo, which I have no idea how I could have if I was asleep on Chloe.