Chapter XX

Aubrey's POV

To say that I'm nervous would be an understatement. Tonight is the night where I'm meeting Stacie's parents. She told me that there was nothing to worry about but I beg to differ. Meeting someone's parents is a big thing. I know Stacie's parents seemed lovely when I met them on the beach but this is a formal meeting over dinner. This is where they get to know me and determine whether or not I'm fit enough for their daughter. I'm always confident and take pride in myself but this is different for me. I really want to impress Stacie's parents. I want them to like me and I want them to approve of our relationship because I really like Stacie and if her parents like me then it makes our relationship easier and I won't have to stress about seeing them again in the future. God, what has this woman done to me?

Even though Stacie told me to dress casually, I still put effort into my appearance. We're just having dinner at Stacie's place and I'm staying the night so it's nothing fancy but again, I want to make a good impression and first impressions are everything. So, I wear black jeans, black lace-up heels, a red long-sleeve top, and a black jacket. I style my hair into loose waves and apply a decent amount of makeup on. I look casual but classy. Once I'm happy with my appearance, I spray on some perfume then leave for Stacie's, trying to calm my nerves along the way with music.

I get to Stacie's in good time and let myself in by orders of Stacie. She's said that I can just let myself in whenever I come over, which is nice. I like how Stacie and I have gotten comfortable with each other in that respect. I walk inside and the smell of dinner floods the house.

"Stacie?" I call out.

"In the kitchen!"

I walk to the kitchen and see Stacie standing in front of the stove in jeans and a blue sweater with her hair up in a messy bun. God, she's so hot. She doesn't even need to try. She can wear anything and have people fall to her feet.

"Wow! You look beautiful, babe!" Stacie beams, looking at me up and down.

"Thank you," I blush. "I brought some wine."

"Oh, thanks, babe but you didn't have to do that."

"It's okay, I wanted to."

"Thank you." Stacie gently wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me in for a kiss.

Her lips are so soft and it feels like forever since I've kissed her when it was really only yesterday but that's long enough.

"How are you feeling?" She asks, turning back to the stove but keeping her arm around me.

"Nervous."

"Why? It'll be okay."

"I know but this is a big thing to meet your parents. I just want them to like me."

"My parents like everyone, babe, don't worry." She presses a soft kiss to my cheek.

"You say that but once they get to know me they might change their opinion."

"I wonder why you have such a poor opinion of yourself."

"I usually don't but when it comes to meeting my girlfriend's parents, I get a bit skeptical and unsure of myself."

"Well, you don't need to worry because you're amazing and my parents are going to see that."

"And if they don't?"

"Then too bad." Stacie turns to me and gives me a brief yet firm peck. "It's me meeting your parents that you should be concerned about."

"You'll be fine."