Chapter 20

Hello, people.....
I am back. A bit faster than usual, ain't I?

Are you all reading the book "A Journey from Rejection to Forever." You will get daily update for this one. If you haven't still then go and check it out fast. I am sure you don't wanna miss the romance. You will have to fall in love with this one.

👇🏻

Next morning it was Nandini who woke up first. She found herself totally wrapped in Manik's arm. She admired Manik for sometime. She was ruffling his silky hairs which were falling on his face. She caressed them lovingly and pecked on his forehead, then left from there without breaking his slumber.

She came back to Alya's room. Alya was still sleeping. Nandini sighed seeing her. She freshened up and went down. Elders were already there.

Nyonika called Nandini near her. "Nandu, you are up so early? Come here."

Nandini passed a soft smile to her. "Good morning, chachi."

Nyonika reciprocated in the same way. "Good morning. Nandini, take this saree with you and keep it with yourself. It's for you."

Nandini took it but she was confused. "Why this saree suddenly? Is there anything special?"

"I had worn this one for my marriage." Nyonika caressed the top of the saree with an affectionate look on her face.

Nandini smiled and looked at the saree properly. "Wow, this is so beautiful."

"I have always thought that whenever Manik will get married, I will pass it to his wife. You are going to be Manik's wife and I don't think this saree would have looked better on anyone apart from you." Nyonika caressed Nandini's face lovingly. "Did you like it?"

Nandini nodded at that very instant. "Yes. It's so pretty. I loved it."

"Okay. Then wear it on your and Manik's engagement."

Nandini blushed at the mention of engagement. Nyonika noticed the red hue on her cheeks. She chuckled seeing Nandini's face. "Won't you wear it?"

Nandini nodded her head still blushing.

"I forgot to tell you, we have fixed your engagement date." Mohini too joined her.

"Yes, it's two days after Mukti's wedding. Mukti will leave and you are going to come here permanently." Bhavna added.

"So soon?" Nandini was not expecting them to fix the date so early.

"Mukti is getting married today. That means only two days." Alya exclaimed with the new found information.

Nyonika cupped Nandini's face. "I can't wait for the day when you and Manik will get married and you will be here to handle my crazy son."

"I am more eager than you. I feel like I take a leap of two days and reach to the day of the engagement. What do you say, Nandini bhabhi?" Alya hit Nandini's shoulder with hers.

Everyone chuckled seeing them.

"It's enough. Now both of you go and have your breakfast. It's Mukti's wedding today. There is a lot of pending work." 

Then three of them left from there leaving Nandini and Alya alone.

"Nandu, whose saree is this?" Alya noticed Nandini holding the saree.