Chapter 7 (Thu, Dec 7 - Fri, Dec 8, 2017)

After texting John, I studied for two hours but because I couldn't really concentrate, I went to bed soon.
But I wasn't able to fall asleep. Nearly the whole night I was awake, thinking about what John had texted me. He was right. My mother was too far away to figure out what I was doing.

Maybe... I should give Ashley a chance. If I would get to know her better, I could estimate her better and figure out her intentions.
Coming to this conclusion made my heart feel lighter and I finally felt my eyelids slowly closing, then I fell asleep.

I woke up after two hours of sleep. The alarm felt like it was cutting through my brain and I immediately got a heavy headache due to the lack of sleep.

I didn't eat very much, because there was no time for it. Every of my movements felt as if it was in slow motion and I couldn't think properly.

Tired I made my way to the subway, where I almost took the wrong train. The humidity inside the train and the multiple passengers who almost crashed my petite figure didn't help to clear my mind.

When I exited the train, my sight became blurry for a second and I grabbed something near to stabilize me.

"Girl, are you okay?"

I looked up. Next to me stood an elderly lady, my hand was grabbing her elbow.

"Going to university, right? If you're not feeling well, you should not go, darling", she told me with a shaking but still soft voice.

"I'm fine. It was just temporary", I lied.

She looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"I'm fine, really", I tried to convince her.

"Victoria?"

I turned my head to the side and even this slight movement caused my head to spin. My eyes slowly focused on the nearing Ashley, who looked at me with her brown eyes full of care.

"Do you need help?", she asked.

The lady looked from me to Ashley. "Are you both friends?"

I wanted to say no, I didn't even know her surname, but Ashley was faster.

"Yes, we are." She smiled a blending smile, her dimples on full display.

I stared at her in shock. 

"Then please take care of her. She swayed while exiting the train and almost fell. I think she's not feeling fine", the old lady told her.

"Of course I will. Thank you for caring for her, madam. Have a great day!"

Ashley took me on the elbow and we carefully made our way to the campus.

"Ashley?", I asked.

She looked at me questioningly.

I stopped walking. This was it. Facing the ground I took all my courage and opened my mouth. "I'm sorry for treating you like that yesterday. I'm not good with other people and I'm a huge introvert. Nevertheless... I would like to get to know you better and also... I'd like to become your friend."

I was still facing the ground, afraid of her reaction. I heard her breathing in and thought: 'Now she'll reject me for sure. Why would she want to have a person like me near her.'

But her reaction was completely the opposite.

"I would love to be your friend, Victoria! I promise to take care of you!"

Feeling totally surprised, I looked up to see her eyes sparkling and her dimples showing. I felt a never known warmth inside of me and my lips were forming a shy smile.

I mentally made a note to thank John for helping me.

Through the whole time in university, Ashley was by my side and tried to help me. I was really not feeling well, nevertheless I didn't want to go home. Today I would get to know my grades of past week's exams and later I had to tell my mother about the results, so I tried to get my weak body to manage today's lessons and it more or less worked. Although I almost fell a few times, I managed to get through the day without hurting myself.

The first few hours with Ashley were awkward, but then I could get rid of my shyness so much, that I could talk to her without stuttering and look into her eyes while doing so.

When university ended, Ashley escorted me to the subway station, just to make sure that I didn't fall down at the way. When we were there, she took out her phone.

"Listen, Victoria. I give you my number and you will call me when you're back at home. I promised to take care of you and I'm afraid you'll faint on your way to your apartment, so please?" She gave me the best puppy eyes I had ever seen.

I smiled. "Okay, I will. Although I think I'll be fine", I reassured her.

She gave me her number. Then the train came. I entered it and turned around. Ashley stood there, showing me her dimpled smile and waving. I smiled a small smile and waved back.

The train started moving and I quickly sat down at an available seat to prevent myself from falling.

When I arrived the apartment, I warmed up the Bibimbap I had put in a box the day before. When the food was warm, I served it on the plate and sat down at the kitchen table. Then I pulled my phone out of my pocket, to look if John texted me. 

Suddenly I remembered Ashley told me to call her as soon as I would have arrived here. Panicking I looked at my watch. I had arrived half an hour before! Would she be offended? 

I broke my promise, so maybe she would break hers too!

Maybe she wouldn't even want to be my friend anymore!

Like my mother always told me I was really a disappointment.

_____

I hope you enjoyed the chapter my beautiful readers! Don't forget that you are perfect the way you are and that you should not change and hide your true self, just because of other people!

I purple you!!!<3