Chapter 19 - Be my ...

Start from the beginning

And lastly, I was fucking nervous walking down an empty street alone at night. I know it sounds dumb as fuck, considering that I was a football player and a grown man/boy. Still, I couldn't help but feel uneasy being so open for an attack. Ever since the incident I was constantly anxious and right now, I was pretty fucking close to having another panic attack. My heart was beating so fast in my chest. Excitement, stress and fear, that was a little too much for me.

When my eyes met those deep green ones, the world finally stopped spinning so fucking fast. I always felt safer when I was with him. I picked up my pace, to be as fast by his side as possible. His sexy smirk didn't make it any easier for me to calm down. But this time, it was for reason number 1. He was leaning against his famous black car, a cigarette in the corner of his mouth, of course, his black leather jacket on and packed in some tight black ripped jeans. So no fancy dinner then. But on the other hand, Romeo would probably be totally comfortable with walking into the most expensive and exclusive restaurant in the world, in  jeans and think that there is nothing wrong with that.

I gulped when I saw him. He looked so fucking manly and so fucking hot. Me on the other hand... I had tried very hard to look good for this date, but basically ended up looking like your average air-headed jock from any high school you have ever seen. Damn, but he looked good as hell. I was now so excited for the date, but had still no idea where he would take me.

When I reached the car, Romeo pushed himself away from it, threw his cigarette to the ground and walked to the passenger side to open the door for me. Well that was just cheesy as fuck. And if somebody saw us... you could not mistake that gesture for anything other than a romantic one, right? Nevertheless, I couldn't already act like the closeted asshole I was, so I just sucked my pride up and got into the car without protesting. I forced a smile as I sat down in the comfortable leather seat and Romeo closed the door behind me, before walking around the car and got in on the drivers side.

When he closed the door behind himself, he glanced over to me one more time, his face plastered with that amazing smile of his, before he started the car and we drove away, leaving everything behind, just for one evening.

"So can you finally tell me where we are going?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"What? Was my hint the other day not enough?" Romeo smirked, as he focused on the road.

"I already told you, I don't know shit about that show" I grumbled.

"Well, it's a good show, we should watch it sometimes" Romeo chuckled. I loved his laugh, it made everything so much brighter. Even now, when it was dark outside, the world seemed to light up with every laugh Romeo was spreading into it. God, when did I become such a wuss. It was true though. I let my hand rest on Romeos and squeezed it lightly. 

"Is that where you're taking me? To watch a show?" I asked with raised eyebrows, which he probably didn't see, due to the fact that he was focusing on driving, as he should. That was one of Romeos only flaws I had ever discovered: he was a shit driver. I mean, yeah he was pretty smooth on the streets, but way over the speed limit and very fucking reckless. For real, in the future, it would be me driving us everywhere.

"Fuck you, I'm not that cheap!", Romeo chuckled. "Ok, so second hint then: Its going to take us about an hour to get there. I figured, we could only properly enjoy this date, if we wouldn't have to worry about other people seeing us. Also, where I'm taking you, there isn't one of those closer to town right now"

"Ok ok, good hint Brooks, you just forgot one thing: I just fucking moved here I don't even know our own town, the hell should I know what is waiting for me an hour from that!" I said saracstically.