I tried to make out what the murmurs around me were. I couldn't tell if it was people talking or something else. Maybe Maddie left the tv on last night. I didn't have the strength to get up so I relaxed and went back to sleep.

~*~

"Alex, come on!" Maddie yelled.

"I'm coming! Why are you in such a rush?" I giggled.

"Beach equals hot guys, duh!"

I rolled my eyes, I swear Maddie was still a 13 year old at heart. I followed her into the grocery store and we both grabbed a cart.

"Ok, you grab fruits, veggies and meats. I'll grab pasta, junk food and booze." Maddie laughed. "Meet back at the Jeep in half an hour."

I nodded as we parted ways. I made my way around the grocery store, grabbing various vegetables as I went along. I knew I'd be doing the majority of the cooking so I made sure to get everything I needed. Maddie couldn't boil water without burning the pot.

I was looking down at my phone as I made my way to the fruit isle. The cabin was still a little over an hour away. If we kept on schedule, we should make it there before sunset.

*CRASH*

My head snapped upwards, my cart collided with a bin full of peaches. I watched helplessly as they all tumbled to the ground. Oh god, I hope no one saw me do that. I immediately sunk to the floor and started picking them up.

"Need some help peaches?" A man chuckled above me.

I looked up and my jaw dropped. He was probably the most gorgeous man I've ever laid my eyes on. He had chocolate brown hair and cool gray eyes. His shirt clung to his toned body perfectly. I hadn't realized I was practically drooling over him until he spoke again.

"You okay there peaches?"

I shook my head, "Uh, yeah. I'm fine, I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Yeah no kidding." He teased, "Here, let me help you."

"Thanks." I said blushing.

The gorgeous man helped me clean up the mess of peaches. We made quick work of it before anyone had noticed what happened. I thanked him and apologized profusely for the trouble.

"I'm Derek by the way, nice to meet you." He said extending his hand to me.

I took his hand gently in mine and shook it. "It's nice to meet you too Derek. I'm Alexandra, but everyone calls me Alex."

He smiled, "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

I blushed. He brought my hand up to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on the back of my hand. I could feel the heat building up in my cheeks.

"Until we meet again Alexandra." He winked.

No words would grace my lips, so I just smiled and nodded. He smiled back and turned to leave. I watched him as he walked away, not thinking to ask for his number. I smiled to myself and got back to grocery shopping.

When  I looked up, bright light were infront of me. I heard a loud screech and watched helplessly as the light came towards me. I held my arms up to protect myself and screamed.