S I X T Y T H R E E

C H A P T E R S I X T Y T H R E E

Ashes filled the air while the flames grew bolder and swallowed the surrounding with no control. The sky reflected with yellow glow while rain of ashes was falling.

"Come with me Hayoon," Ki Young said, his voice pleading.

"Han will come for me, I can't just-"

"He won't come to you."

He made a little pause before continuing. As if it was something that wasn't easy to bring up.

"Han is dead."

In a simple night Hayoon's world collapsed. Everything was gone. Her friends, her country and her last piece of hope. From her pained expression, Ki Young could tell that Hayoon was drowned in despair.

She didn't blink an eye when he jumped down from his horse nor protested when he seated himself on hers black rider. Taking the rein from her hands, Ki Young took control over the horse and rode away with Hayoon after kicking his horse to run in the opposite direction.

Thick tears rolled down her cheeks, whether it was due to the wind or the pain that spoke for itself in another language. With his arm around her little figure, Ki Young wished he could shield her from the whip of the wind, although he knew that physical pain was nothing compared to the loss she felt inside.

After riding for good half an hour he felt how her body was leaning more and more towards his chest as she gradually closed her eyes and slowly drifted away.

.

.

.

When her eyes again parted Hayoon found herself on a boat in the arms of Ki Young. At the realization Hayoon shoot up instantly. Her sudden action made the little boat rock violently and caused her loose balance at the same time.

"Miss please sit down!" An elder man said, his hand around the rudder tightened as he switched the rowing side, hoping that would prevent the boat in overturning.

I'm gonna die!

Hayoon was having over half of her body across the boat. She was prepared to feel herself falling into the icy clear water, but when she was nearly flipping, a hand grabbed hers and pulled her down. It was no other than Ki Young. With his fast and strong reflex He was able to pull Hayoon back to him, causing her body to land on top of him.

"Agr..." She heard him groan as the impact of her weight fell on him.

"Where are you putting your arms!?" Hayoon screamed, trying to pull herself free from his hug.

"Sit still!" Ki Young said. "Otherwise we will drown!"

"Remove your filthy arms!" Hayoon cried, moving her arms violently.

"Okay fine!" Ki Young raised his arm in surrender.

While Hayoon tried to sit up and move away from The pervert, the elder man instructed her to stay where she was, as the balance of this boat would overturn if she made a wrong move. The boat was unnecessarily small, hence her body had to be near glued to Ki Young's. The discomfort Hayoon felt by being this close was beyond what words could describe. While he apparently had no shame in life.

At the corner of her eyes Hayoon glanced the smirking eyes of Ki Young, causing another anger to take form.

"I'm only staying calm because I can't swim," Hayoon said grumpily.

"If you say so," He said with an odd grin.

After about half an hour the shore came to their field of view. There was a little bridge stretching from the land across the water. A thick rope on the boat was tied to the bridge and so they went on land.