S I X T Y F I V E

C H A P T E R S I X T Y F I V E

It usually took Ki Young a couple of weeks whenever he travelled to land, but strangely this one had been shorter than the others. Hayoon felt that this trip had changed him somehow, he became more quiet and less the energetic night wolf, who always had the energy make her blow up. Whenever she asked if there was something wrong, he would return with a cheeky answer and make her regret for even bother.

The more she tried to ignore it, the more obvious did it turn. He would sometime stare absentminded into the air as if pondering over something. Hayoon often wondered if someone had caught his soul. But again, if she asked it was unlikely the he would give her a genuine answer.

Brushing away her thoughts Hayoon continued to wash the clothes in the cool water. As she was about to sqeeze out the water a hand snatched it out from her in the blink of an eye. Looking up to the side Hayoon realized that it was Ki Young.

"How long have you been here?" Hayoon asked.

"Long enough," With a simple twist, Ki Young squeezed out a waterfall.

"What have you been thinking so intensively? Not even noticing me,"

"It's noth-" at the end of the sentence Hayoon broke out in a sneeze. It lead to another sneeze, a second and a third. Seeing her eyes turned red, a row of lines carved into his forehead and his brows furrowed into a thick line.

"What's wrong?" Ki Young asked.

"The pollen..." Hayoon sniffed.

"The pollen what?"

"I can't tolerate it,"

It was such a good timing that her medicine ran out a couple of days ago. Such a luck.

"By the way, when are you going back to land?" Hayoon questioned.

"Why?"

"My medicine ran out a couple of days ago, I need to buy some."

"I can go tomorrow,"

"I'll go with you,"

"No."

The exclaim made Hayoon frown, she had never seen him react that strongly to her suggestion.

"Why not? What are you hiding on land?"

"Nothing." He answered.

"It's just faster if I go alone. Beside, there is also something I have to settle and it wouldn't be convenient to bring you along."

"Something not suitable to bring me along?"Her eyes turned skeptical.

"Are you also going to those kind of places?" Hayoon said with an uplifted brow.

"Why? Are you curious?" A teasing smirk crept to his lips. The thought that she was bothered by it, gave him some sort of comfort.

"Where do you even get money to go to those places? I never see you doing anything than fooling around."

Her words washed away the smile of his face. It wasn't long before the glint of hope was rising, before it was executed by her cold words.

She didn't care me being with other women, but concerned of how I get the money?

It was not to mention, that Ki Young wasn't surprised. Even now, after so many months he hadn't seen himself in the reflection of her eyes.

"Do you need money? How about selling me a smile and I'll give you anything?" Hayoon had foreseen this. This man never missed a chance to pull a joke. Why couldn't he be serious for once? It made her frustrated and irritated.