H U N D R E D A N D S I X

C H A P T E R   H U N D R E D A N D S I X

When morning arrived Hayoon entered Han's chamber, just as she always did. Han was already awakened, sitting at the table waiting for her to arrive.

Upon hearing her footsteps he turned around. His eyes sunken and there were dark circles under them. It looked like Han hadn't got a glimpse of sleep.

Soon the servants entered the room and asked Hayoon to prepare to go out. Although she didn't know what was going on, Hayoon just followed Han's instructions. Han left while Hayoon got changed into the clothes that were prepared and after that, the servants lead her to the courtyard where a carriage was waiting for her.

Were they heading out of the palace? Hayoon thought to herself as she entered the carriage. Han sat at the corner. His back was leaning against the carriage, his arm crossed and he was having his eyes closed. The carriage was big enough for six people but it was only her and Han inside it.

Hayoon sat across him in the carriage, and when the doors closed the vehicle started to move. Yesterday, Han said he had prepared something. Hayoon assumed this was what he meant. A change of air, just what she needed.

Curiosity rose inside her. Hayoon didn't know where they were heading. She knew it was rare for Han to be able to go out, he hated to be at crowded places or anything in the public. Mostly, because he would be recognized by people around him.

Hayoon wondered what had gotten into Han, but she couldn't ask as if he pretended to sleep. The scenario made her reminisced about the old times. The time where Han and she traveled inside a little carriage. Less luxurious than this one. Han was also sitting there pretending to be asleep.

At that time, Hayoon didn't know he was putting on an act and even tried to escape. Look how things had changed between them. Back then, Hayoon wouldn't know that she would fall for him. She hated him for bringing her back to the palace against her force, without knowing what he had been through to find her.

Fate was a funny thing.

After hours of traveling the carriage stopped. The horses needed a break and were given food and water. Hayoon was also starting to feel hungry, and she knew that Han probably was hungry too.

Hayoon lifted the curtains of the carriage and realized this was a small rest place. There was a little house in her view and outside the house were a couple of tables and chairs. It seemed like an eating place. There was a couple of customers sitting at the tables and they were served food and drinks.

"My lord," The driver said as he knocked on the door of the carriage.

"Please step out. I've ordered them to arrange a table behind the house,"

Han opened his eyes. The red eyes clearly showed that he hadn't gotten a single sleep at all during the hours they had been traveling. It made her concerned.

"Let's eat," Han said before she could ask him if something was wrong. It appeared as if he was doing it on purpose, preventing her from making the question. Letting it slide, Hayoon followed behind him and headed out of the carriage.

There was a table behind the house just as the driver had said. The table was placed inside something that looked like a small tent. It was a little space, yet enough for two people to reside.

Hayoon and Han entered, seated themself across the table, and soon their driver entered with their food. Hayoon missed the time to speak, cause Han was either eating or not meeting her eyes when she tried to make eye-contact.