F O U R T Y N I N E

C H A P T E R   F O U R T Y N I N E

At times like this Yoon wished she could turn back in time, to the period she would know what Hayoon wanted with a mere whine and what she hated by a single glance. Yoon couldn't grasp reality, that time has passed and things has changed. The little princess Yoon once served had grown into a young lady with secrets which she no longer could figure out. During the time Hayoon was alone in the palace she had matured and also grown into a solemn silent existence, who didn't share her thoughts or concerns to others.

"A single glance, was enough for me to tell what you wanted, but right now even when I can see that something is wrong I don't even know what it is." Yoon silently said. Her eyes drifted to the bottle on the floor, as if looking as the answer would come if she stared long enough. Hayoon's anger seemed to root from this object, it was coming in contact with this, that Hayoon snapped.

Why could a bottle make her so... It was as a light had suddenly shed upon her cloudy mind. Yoon started to think that it had nothing to do with this bottle but with the person bringing it here.

Horror took place in her facial expression as she turned back at Hayoon with enlightenment.

Hayoon, you can't be...

"Hayoon-ah..." Yoon said calmly, grabbing Hayoon's hand as preparing herself to comfort the girl if she would get anymore sad when hearing what she was about to say.

"You are troubled by the person related to this bottle, am I right?"

Subconsciously Hayoon was reacting to the statement. Her brows gathered together on the emotionless expression while her pupil shrunk a little as she met Yoon's eyes. Hayoon was clearly surprised which could only tell Yoon, that she was terribly right.

"Hayoon you can't like that person," Yoon said.

"Who said that I like him!?"

Then why are you blushing this hard, Yoon sighed, dispirited by the fact that she was right on spot. Yoon was happy knowing that Hayoon had actually opened up to a person, beside herself, but on the other hand she felt regretful that Hayoon didn't fall for another person but him.

"Hayoon, you came here for the purpose of marrying the prince of Great Yong, and it was also you who said you wanted to marry the crown prince. If you go against your words, not only will it rift the relation between the two countries it will also harm the person who caused your heart to waver," Yoon made a pause. From the corner of her eyes she stole glance of Hayoon.

Hayoon's glistening eyes filled with sadness and resentment, as if she had figured out her own feelings upon Yoon's words. Upon the risk of harming the person in mind, Hayoon realised that her anger no longer existed upon imagining something that were to happen to him.

"You think the Dowager would really let me be the crown princess? She is only letting me stay in the contest of the consideration of the two nations, at most she would let me stay to the final round and then let me fall,"

"Still you can't choose him Hayoon,"

Confuse gathered her brows in a perplexed frown. Hayoon never expected that Yoon would turn against her. Out of all people Yoon was the person that was unconditionally on her side, but right now she appeared as the strongest opposer.

"Why not?" Hayoon uttered. Her instinct told her that Yoon was holding something back.

Indeed there was a reason behind her strong opposition. Befriending the maids in the palace, Yoon had picked up stories of both good and bad. Unfortunately what she was going to tell was one of the later.

"I am not letting you get entangled with a person who has feelings for another woman,"

"a....another woman?"

"Princess Ailee," Yoon spoke, the words resonating confidentially as if it was the appearance of truth itself. Hayoon didn't doubt this the slightest, which only earned her the greatest disappointment. if this was the case, there really would be no future for them. Hayoon wouldn't involve herself in complicated love, she knew better than even try.

As soon as Hayoon realised her feelings, it turned out it was also the moment to close it. She would never go deeper for a person who had feelings for another woman. Her pride didn't allow it. Nor did her nature.

Over the years in the palace in Kang Hayoon had witnessed people masked with the face of human only to be beast in disguise. The woman who would flash their purest smile in front of the late King, would turn into monsters the moment he wasn't looking. They could kill the life within them, just for a moment of a man's comfort. No she wasn't going to be any like that. Hayoon never wanted to end up being such a vile existence.

Then it's better to just sort out of feelings than going any further. Again things has not even started so was there anything to wrap up. They never exchanged a promise never spoke a word of affection, there was nothing to begin with. It might be hard to get over it, but Hayoon would do so.

That night Hayoon cried a lot, but fortunately Yoon was by her side the entire time.

.

.

.

Early next morning, before the sun had even rose Yoon took off to Han's chamber. She needed his assistance and help to make Hayoon get over her feelings. It would be too cruel to everyday face the person, one was trying to get over. Yoon knew it wasn't easy and would do what she could to prevent Hayoon from facing this hardship.

A/N: the story is reaching chapter fifty and you are still here thank you so much it means a lot! Here is a double update, hope you'll like it ^^