F I F T Y F O U R

C H A P T E R F I F T Y F O U R

There was something special about fall.

It was the only season in which Hayoon could freely walk without worrying about the weather. While winter was too cold, fall was just right. Both the temperature and view was such a blessing. A shame Han's garden was only presented with bare trees, the petal of the blossom tree has long abandoned the branch, leaving the tree exposed for the wind's touch.

Taking in the view Hayoon was caught in her own circle of thoughts, too absorbed, that she didn't even notice the appearance of another visitor.

"Her highness," the deep voice greeted her. Hayoon turned to face the prince, her brows drawn together, causing a few lines to appear.

"Why is it that you always call me her highness?" Her eyes narrowing at Han.

"You call Gwan for Gwan, Ailee fo Ailee even Huai is referred by her name why don't you call me by name?"

"Ailee is of family, Gwan is of servant and princess Huai is also of same status as me. Her highness is a ruler of a country, I can't be disrespectful." His answer always so annoyingly reasonable.

"So the person in front of you is only a ruler of another country?"

Disappointment filled her eyes. Hayoon wasn't sure why but she kept comparing herself with the other people around Han. The way he treated her, the way he treated others all that kept seizing up and kept her bottled inside. She knew it was immature and childish but at the same time she couldn't really keep those bad thoughts away.

"While parents put deep thoughts into giving their child a name, all this seems useless as status would overshine the person," Her eyes turned to the ground.

"When it comes to everything, all what people remember would be the status and achievement and not the person itself,"

Her words brought his thoughts to wander. Han never thought that a name would held so much meaning, if any maybe he had tried to forget it.

"In Kang, what does the characters Hayoon stand for?" Han asked.

"Ha as in river, Yoon as for sunlight."

The river of sunlight. Clearly the former king had put much thought in giving her that name. Honestly, It made Han quite envious.

"I guess her highness is right. Parents do put much thoughts into chosing the name of their child. Even by the name you can tell how much the person is cherished. Boys terrible inferior to girls,"

"You are claiming that boys are inferior to girls? " Hayoon turned at Han, suspicion lifted her brow.

"Her highness is an example and Ailee too is a living proof. While the name is filled with affection and love the prince's name only stand in shame."

"How so?"

"Ailee's name is brought up after much consideration. Ai stands for love and lee meaning special. Even the Dowager's maid Yan Lin is given the name of two syllable, while us princes should be grateful to be given a single meaningful character Hyun, Sin, Min, Won.."