Eventually, when Faye had calmed down completely, the pair walked her down the stairs, each holding a hand and swinging it as they walked.

They got to the breakfast table, and the first person to say something was, unsurprisingly, Faye. "What's for breakfast?" She asked chirpily, completely distracted by craning her neck to look over Nyx's shoulder.

"Oh, you'll see," Nyx chuckled. "By the way, we don't really have anything planned for today, so would you like to customize your room? I know you've been wanting to for a while."

Faye scrunched up her face and looked at Nyx questioningly. "What does 'customize' mean?"

Nyx looked over her shoulder at the little girl. "It means to choose what you want to decorate it with."

Faye squealed loudly, causing Nyx to jerk suddenly and accidentally knock the entire bottle of oregano into the omelet she was making. Nyx whirled. "What?"

Faye sat back, seemingly hurt. "I was just excited." She looked down at the ground reproachfully.

Nyx's gaze softened. "I'm sorry." She amended. "It's just that there are people who mean us harm. You, me, and Thalia, I mean. I have to be on my guard constantly." She gave Faye a hug. "I don't mean to be nasty."

Faye pretended to tap her finger to her temple for a couple seconds in deep thought and then giggled and hugged Nyx. "It's okay! I don't mind."

Nyx nodded gratefully and moved back to her ruined omelet, now thoroughly spiced and burned. She sighed. "Why is it that someone always manages to mess up breakfast?

She rolled her eyes good naturedly. "It's fine, we'll just eat cereal."

Faye's eyes widened. "Do I get the mini rainbow donuts?!" She asked hopefully.

Nyx laughed. "Yes, sure, dear, but they're called 'Fruit Loops'" she shot a disapproving look at Thalia, sitting across from them at the table who was trying really hard not to cry from holding in her laughter.

After the three had finished their breakfast, they made their way to the spare room Faye was sleeping in. Once they got there, Nyx pushed open the door with a flourish, and clapped her hands.

The windows were now transparent, and the result was rather disorienting. It seemed as if there were nothing dividing the room and the massive expanse of space. In reality though, the glass itself was stronger than reinforced titanium, and was practically unbreakable.

"So, what do you want to change?" Nyx looked at Faye expectantly.

Faye looked practically bursting with excitement. Her eyes seemed to shine as she squealed happily. "Everything!"

Nyx looked a bit taken aback. "Everything?"

Faye nodded happily, and went around her room, nodding and pointing at everything she wanted changed and how she wanted it changed. Nyx scrambled around after her, clapping her hands every two seconds and changing something, or, in some cases, adding something.

The result was actually rather pleasing. The walls were now a light pink, the bedspread was white, with little pink roses edging the bottom, and plump, pink embroidered cushions resting on the top. The carpet remained white, the bedtables were white, and the lampshade handles were light pink, while the lamp itself was white. The ceiling was a light blue sky, the same as Faye's eyes, with puffy white clouds gliding across every now and again.

Overall, the room screamed 'Faye'. They were all happy with it, and Thalia deemed it worthy by lying on the feather-soft carpet and refusing to get up on account of it being "too soft."