The Demon Killers

A couple weeks had passed since Nyx and Thalia had first shared a bed. The pair had slowly but surely fallen into a steady rhythm in the days that ensued. Thalia would make the bed and keep up maintenance of the ship's control room, while Nyx would clean any little areas she could see were in a state of disarray.

Thalia wasn't exactly the neatest person under the sun, after all. She needed someone to keep her mess under control, even if she insisted that she liked her ship better the way it was.

Nyx had always been neat and orderly, she mused. Ever since she had had to go on the run every couple of months, she couldn't be untidy if she wanted to. She had to have been ready to pack up her belongings at a moment's notice.

Nyx had left all her things on the surface, including her trusty little candlestick, which she always kept with her. Even her clothes had been left on The Plains. She had now resorted to wearing Thalia's slips. She never wore them under her tunics anyway, and there was no possible way Nyx was going to be able to fit into one of Thalia's tunics.

She and Thalia had tried to tie it up tightly around Nyx's small frame, but the result was a package-de-la-Nyx. She had barely even been able to walk in it! Thalia had been in fits. Nyx had been unamused until Thalia had composed herself and opened another section to recover a wide variety of undershirts. (Or, very short dresses to Nyx, as they came to a couple centimeters below her bum) Nyx had selected a black one with a nice, plain bodice and a bow on the back.

Thalia had seemed to inhale slowly, blush a little, and turn away. Nyx had no idea why! She clearly liked it though, because when she had turned Thalia's face to hers to ask her if she liked it, Thalia had blushed a brilliant scarlet and nodded furiously.

"Uh... y-yeah, you look great." She had stammered, "Well, I kinda need to go... clean the maintenance room, so I guess I'll speak to you later!" And she had run off, fast enough that Nyx didn't even have time to tell her that they didn't have a maintenance room. She had been left standing there, scratching her head as to why Thalia had been acting so strangely.

That was earlier today. Nyx was currently deciding on whether to clean Thalia's closet, or the bathroom cupboards. "Hmmm..." she hummed indecisively. "Well, the bathroom cupboard is smaller, but it's also grosser. Thalia's closet is way bigger, but at least there isn't toothpaste caked onto the bottom like the bathroom cabinet..." she imagined the sight, shuddering at the thought.

"Well," she decided, still out loud, "Thalia's closet it is!" And with that, she got to work.

➵➵➵➵ ✵☽✵ ➵➵➵➵

Thalia stood just outside the room door, chuckling silently at Nyx's antics. She spun on her heel and walked off, trying to find something constructive to do. She'd already fixed up the control panel, cleaned the control room from top to bottom, and made the bed so that there wasn't a wrinkle in the sheets.

She wondered if maybe Nyx would like to- Her musing was interrupted by a howl of pain, which she soon realized was her own. She muttered angrily, cursing the door like a sailor in a bar fight.

When she had finished being angry and mourning her poor bruised stomach, she noticed the huge metal door in front of her. "Oh, it's the armory," she realized. She pressed her hand to the hand recognition panel. It glowed briefly and unlocked the door, and she walked in.

She traced her fingers briefly over a couple of swords, fondly remembering all the times she had fought with them before she discovered her sword. Soon, she came to the middle of the armory. The place where she had deemed it safe for these terrible weapons to rest. The Demon Killers. She usually just called them 'The Stabby-Pointy-Thingies' anyway.