Maeve

➵➵➵➵ Flashback ➵➵➵➵

She looked in amazement at the two files that were currently featured on the otherwise blank screen before her. She couldn't believe it! She had expected to have to search for hours on end for even a little bit of information, and here it was, ready for her consumption.

She clicked greedily on the file, wanting to read it as soon as possible. The document read:

 The document read:

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Ugh." Thalia put her head in her hands, not wanting to believe it. "That's it?" She looked at the tiny writing in disgust.

She closed the document, and clicked on the next tab, hoping it was different to the first, but no such luck.

The only differences between the two was that the second document's energy reading stat was lower than that of the first, and that the dates were different

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The only differences between the two was that the second document's energy reading stat was lower than that of the first, and that the dates were different.

The dates were drastically different. The first was over fifty years ago, whereas the date on the second was just five years ago. She put her head in her hands again and wondered what the documents could possibly mean. Subject terminated? What did that even mean? Maybe she could ask Caspienne, and then-

Her wishful thinking was interrupted by the door banging open. She froze, hoping Caspienne wouldn't see her, but she did.

"THALIA!" She shouted furiously. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

Thalia just sighed, opened the door, and held out her hands, accepting defeat.

➵➵➵➵ ✵☽✵ ➵➵➵➵

Thalia was terrified. Clearly, whatever information was contained in those documents was highly classified. She had no idea where she was being taken, and she didn't recognize any of her surroundings either. She had been led into a discreet patrol vehicle, and bundled in with three other guards and Caspienne, who was nervously twirling a strand of hair around her finger.

Thalia tried to crane her head over the guard, but he turned around and growled at her nastily, and she recoiled in fear. She didn't try to see anything for the rest of the ride, but what she had made out brought the window was enough. The slender, silver lampposts with the diamond-encased eternal light sources? She was being taken to the great castle of the First Empire. She was being taken to Queen Maeve.

All the Stars Between Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें