4

***

***

Ayesha's POV

Groaning in frustration I half opened my eyes,the sunlight greeted me making me scrunch it. Trying to adjust it to the immense brightness. Why didn't I draw the curtains?

My eyes automatically moved towards the window. It was early morning...earlier than every day of my wake-up routine. It didn't take much time for me to leave my bed feeling the warmth fade.

Caring less about getting fresh I tied my hair in a bun. My steps' noise echoed in the eerily silent house. Walking towards my next destination which was kitchen my eyes roamed in the hall for spotting any human presence. Workers were up as I could hear them from the front garden.

Making a cup of coffee I went in our backyard which was mom's garden.
Mom was fond of plants...the roses that were blooming was evidence of it. Our backyard, a small area in which mom had planted some flowers and beside it, was a shed without any pavement, just the carpet of green grass. A swing in the middle.

I roamed around for sometime taking small sips of my coffee devouring the delicious taste of the beverage. The caffeinated drink was one of few things I preferred too much.

It's been so long I came here...all the office and gang work is to be blamed.

I sat there and took another sip of my coffee. I was a nature lover since my childhood but nobody had any clue about it. I preferred being like this. Bound to myself...a mystery.

Moving the swing slowly and feeling the long grasses on my naked feet I observed my surrounding. I was barely five when mom left. My memories were hazy nothing was clear. I remember playing with Mubashir in this area while mom would smile at us now and then. Baba would look at her fondly. These were the only memory I remember. And then that of the dreadful day.

Shaking my head at my own musings I inhaled deeply feeling morning wind rush past me.

Mornings are beautiful.

Morning always fascinated me, the sun's red color. It gives hope that night has to end...whether it's long or short. A new morning will approach with beauty worth waiting for. The chirping of those tiny winged creatures echoing as a lullaby.

As a kid I always wanted mom to be with me but now I don't. I know she is at a better place than this cruel land. A place which killed the innocent child in me. A place filled with evil people which gave birth to scarlet.

'Mom I am strong now but sometimes I get tired of these things...sometimes I just want to cry in your lap. I still want to cry...without any reason.
I don't know why but it seems like my heart has so much weight on it. It's like steel, hard...without any emotions, without any feelings.'

A single drop of tear flowed out of my eye...just a drop. My tears were always disloyal to me. They never came out…never.

I laughed humorlessly on my pathetic condition.