Chapter One: The Crew

It feels like I have been waiting for this moment my entire life. I feel like everything that has ever happened in my life was to prepare me for this. I'm a college freshman at an hbcu in Atlanta. Is it weird that I don't feel even a bit of nervous. Maybe it's because I have my friends with me Bria and Tavon. It's funny that we all ended up at the same school well mainly Tavon because I honestly thought he would be at some school in Virginia playing basketball never would I have thought he would decide to major in law. Honestly Tavon could probably be successful at anything he puts his mind too. He's very smart and very charming. He got by in high school by not just having good grades but by being able to talk his way out of everything. He was even our class valedictorian and didn't even write his speech he just spoke from the top of his head and yet it was one of the best speeches I have ever heard. Now my best friend Bria is the total opposite she has had her entire life planned out since she was 7 and I'm not even exaggerating. She does everything by the book. She knew she was going to attend this college and this is the only school she applied too. She wants to be a doctor and I truly thinks it's nothing else that could be more perfect for her. She loves people and she learns very quickly and she puts her all into everything she does. She is the most dependable person I know. She's actually the person who I feel like I owe the world too, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't of met Noah Johnson. My boyfriend of 4 years now. The moment Bria met Noah in our freshman years of high school she said she knew he was the perfect guy for me. Weird right? She said I need someone who's grounded, knows where he's going and what he wants. Even though I honestly feel like no 14 year old should be that well put together. See me I'm very impulsive. I always act on my emotions and it always gets me in the craziest situations that I always get out of. That's why I'm majoring in theater arts. The only thing can that can keep my attention is art and I want to be an actress. Noah wants to be a photographer. I actually helped him decide that. I think the best part of our relationship is that we even each other out perfectly . He helps me think before I act and I help him be more fearless. He's the best part of my life right now. I'm actually on my way to meet him at he cafe now. Look at him. He's so handsome. Sometimes I get so lost looking at him. The type of handsome that he doesn't have to try hard. His brown skin is just so beautiful and it always glows and he has the type of smile that makes my heart melt every time I see it. And he makes this face every time he catches me looking at him. Where he looks at me so confused and asks "what?" And I always reply "you look so handsome." And his eyebrows curl up in the cutest way like he can't believe what I'm saying. He's so oblivious to how beautiful he is.

"Hey pretty girl" he says

"I missed you" I say.

"Not as much as I missed you come here" he says and pulls me on his lap and starts kissing my cheek. "You smell good"

"Thank you." I blush

"How is your day going?" He asks.

"It's okay I finished setting up my dorm finally."