• E L E V E N - PT 3 •

Carter POV:

Finding out she was in a coma literally made my heart snap in half. I swear I could hear it breaking. My breathing was very heavy as I placed a hand on the wall to steady myself.

"You may see her if you wish." The doctor said giving a small tight-lipped smile before walking away. A nurse walked out of the room and also gave us a smile, a sympathetic one.

I wasted no time and began to walk towards the room but stopped right outside the door before pushing it open slowly.

She laid. Peacefully. To anyone else, it would look like she's fast asleep. I'd be lying if I said my vision didn't blur with tears. I sat down on the chair looking at all the wires attached to her. Her small fragile body just laying there, my heart stilled for a split second until the door opened again and mom walked in with ivy.

Walking up to me she placed ivy in my lap. "I'll be right outside if you need me." Mom said placing a hand on my shoulder. Giving her a nod she walked out. I gripped Sophia's hand in my own while cradling ivy in the other arm.

"I promise you, Sophia, I'm going to take the best care of your daughter. . . . . Our daughter." I felt something on my hand. Like a twitch. I don't know if that was a sign or not but it was a good thing. Meaning the beard what I said.

"I love you, forever and forever."

• • •

3 months later

My eyes burned. My body felt weak. It hurt to move. My fingers slightly twitched but I couldn't move as much. I blinked open my eyes slowly. Looking around the room it was white, a hospital.

A button laid in the side of the bed next to my hand. With a little difficulty, I reached for it and pressed it. My body felt drained of energy.

The door opened a nurse and a doctor came in. The doctor smiled at me surprised. "I'm glad to see you awake Sophia. The nurse will inform your family." The nurse left the room.

"How are you feeling?"

"Water." I breathed out.

He nodded and brought the cup to my face helping me drink. After I sip and lay my head with ease and look at him.

"You've been out for around about 3 months. You had lost a lot of blood hence why you slipped into a coma. Your family has been visiting you every day since." He said as the nurse came back in and checked my vitals.

"Do you feel any pain?"

I shook my head to say no.

"Weakness?"

I shook my head saying yes.

"You're body is still very tired. There will be another doctor coming in soon to help you move your legs and your arms." He said standing. "I'll be back to check on you soon."

"Thank you," I muttered slowly. He nodded, smiled and walked out just as a familiar face walked in. The nurse smiled and left the room also. The tears in his eyes, eye bags under his eyes were clear evidence he hasn't been sleeping.

"Are you really awake?" He whispers, pinching himself several times. I frown and nodded my head. It hurt to speak so I refrained from doing so. The next thing you know he hugs me, tightly. I groan slightly but it was fine. I couldn't move my arms because of all the wires to hug him back.

"Oh my god, Sophia. You don't understand how much I've missed you. I am so so sorry this happened to you." He said grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too," I whispered feeling tiring.

He stroked my hair out of my face. "Sleep baby, we'll talk when you wake up. I have so much to tell you."

And with that, my eyes shut once again. But this time, I was going to wake up.

• • •

So this book is coming to an end. It's been a long long long journey literally. It was bound to finish. There were many times where I wanted to finish writing the book but I continued but I feel like right now is the best time to finish the book. I couldn't kill Sophia even though that was my plan. I just couldn't bring myself to do that. It would've been too painful for all of us.

Sophia deserves her happy ending. She's been through a lot.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Be ready for the last one.