• T H I R T Y - F I V E •

• S O R R Y •

Tears fall out my eyes as I watch the sunset from this empty mansion. I thought turning 18 was suppose to feel good. But it doesn't; at least not for me.

I feel alone. I am alone.

It's now January. I spent Christmas and New Years with James and being his little bitch. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the ones you love. Maria is dead but I will do anything right now to make sure the others get to live there life.

I grip the railing to the terrace of this room which is suppose to be mine. I look up at the sky and smile. "I'm sorry mom and dad. I failed you. I gave up. I can't fight my battles without feeling weak. I'm so so sorry." I sob.

Third persons POV:

Sophia continues to silently cry as Carter, on the other hand, is destroying his room on hearing the news. The one girl that made him feel something is gone.

Now that Sophia is officially 18. She can live on her own and make her own decisions. She has all the money in the world which is now hers.

"Carter, open up." The Collin brothers continue to bang on the door. While blaze tries to get Harper out of her room.

"Go away," Carter shouts sliding against the wall of his bedroom. He buries his head in his knees and a silent tear rolls down his cheek.

Sophia looks at the sky one last time before going to her room and grabbing her phone. She slides down the wall and grips the phone in her hand. She dials a number waits for the other person to pick up.

"Hello," Carter answers his phone. Sophia sighs, "Carter." She croaks out.

"Sophia." He sits up quickly. "Sophia please tell me where you are, you don't have to do this." He pleads.

"Don't look for me, Carter. I'll see you very very soon and I Lov-" she stops her self. Saying those three words would just not help her situation.

She quickly cuts the phone off and throws to another side of the room. She thought she didn't know what love was. But in reality, she does. She's just afraid to love again. She's afraid of getting hurt.

Sophia's POV: three weeks later.

"It's Done." I walk into James office. He looks up and grins, "great."

"I want to ask you something," I say hesitantly.

"Go on."

"I was wondering whether I can go to school again," I say. I wait for his reaction. He just looks at me and sighs.

"Yes you can but don't think of running." He demands to which I nod. I turn and begin to leave the room.

"Sophia." He calls out. I turn around and throws me a photo. "This guy borrowed money, I need it back before 3 pm, or I want his dead body. His names Connor, he works at target." I nod and walk out.

Not only does he have everyone else on me, but he has someone else. And I will do anything right now to make sure he stays alive.

This is going to be the first time I'm going out during the day. It's 1 pm right now. I walk out the house and make my way to the car.

5 weeks and counting I've been with James, working for him. Starting my car I begin to drive to target.

I park my car up and keep my shades because of the sun. It might be February, but the sun in California still shines. Yes, I'm in California. James decided to go from New York to California. I have no idea why.

***

"Where the money?" I ask him as I hold him by the throat. "I don't have it yet." He wheezes out. I let off his neck, "I'll have it my next week." He promises.

"Tsk tsk, well, James wants in an hour and since you can't get it in an hour guess I have to kill you:" I shrug and hold my gun up to his head.

"Sophia." A voice yells. I turn my head to the side and a pair of grey eyes. I pull the trigger and watch his body fall limp.

I roll my eyes at the gasps that left their mouths. "It's done," I say into the phone and begin to walk out the alleyway and two guys come and take the body.

"Good, you start school tomorrow." He says and disconnects the phone.

"Sophia." Tingles travel up my arm from my strong hand on my upper arm. My head turns and looks at them captivating grey eyes.

"Carter." I mimic his tone. I pull my arm from his grasp as a black SUV pulls up. Alex was driving it with his girlfriend in the passenger seat.

"I have to go," I say walk off to my car. I quickly get in and drive off.

***

Sorry for the very very late update. I got back home on Thursday. Updates will turn back to regular updates after the 16th april.

I was thinking of starting a book 2. But I'm still not sure about that idea yet. Let me know what you think. I would usually finish one book off around 35 or 40 chapters and create a book 2. Tell me what you think?

Vote, comment and follow❤️