~Part Two: Prisoner at the Arena~

When the SkyWings finally stopped, they dropped Lemming on a platform, quickly attaching coppery chains to her ankles and placing bindings on her wings, keeping them from stretching out all the way so she wouldn't be able to fly

Lemming watched the SkyWings fly away in blurred vision. She ached everywhere from the uncomfortable eight hour journey. Lemming strained the chains so she could lie down, and she passed out into a dreamless sleep.

- - - ~❄️~ - - -

When Lemming awoke, a SkyWing had tossed a dead rabbit in front of her mouth.

Lemming blinked rapidly, watching as the SkyWing flew away. She could see much clearer now, and she took the chance to look at her surroundings.

Her platform was a flat-topped spire about a dragonlength-wide in diameter. The sky was more open here than back in the Ice Kingdom, and the clouds glowed cream-gold in the peach dawn sky.

As Lemming continued to look around, she saw dozens more spires with prisoners on them arranged in a circle around some kind of round sand pit -- an arena.

The arena.

The arena that Queen Scarlet took her prisoners to to do moons knew what with them.

As Lemming examined the prisoners closer, she saw several of her fellow IceWings, a talon full of SandWings, some SeaWings, even a few SkyWings who looked more unpleased than a walrus with an icicle up his tail.

The sun beat down on Lemming's cold scales, making her long for the frosty air of the arctic. How she missed her home now! Even if she was taunted by other IceWings back home for her small size and low class, Lemming would give anything to swim in the freezing water and drink a crisp glass of polar bear blood at this moment.

Lemming wiped the condensation from her arms, and hissed in pain. She looked at her talon, and saw that it was coated in blue blood. Lemming looked at her arm, noticing that somewhere in the battle she had acquired a deep skratch below her shoulder.

Lemming licked the wound clean and sighed. No one would help tend to her wounds out here. She would either survive with a scar, or die of infection.

"Hey you," a SandWing to her right said in a hoarse voice. He had a skratch across his throat that had apparently not been deep enough to kill him. He also had several scars on his neck, tail, arms, and legs, along with a hole in his left wing.

Lemming looked at him in surprise.

"You were in the same army as me," the SandWing croaked. "Loyal fighter for Blaze?"

"Mostly Queen Glacier," Lemming said indignantly. "But also Princess Blaze."

"She's giving the IceWings a lot of land, right?" the SandWing croaked.
Lemming nodded.