"I feel like I'm losing you"

[UNEDITED]

"Shawn, where are you?"
"I'm at home, why?"
"I thought you told me to meet you at the fountain?"
"What?"

"You texted me earlier saying to meet you here at six."
"Oh-um, right. Sorry, I forgot. I'll be there in a bit."
"Shawn, what did you need to tell me?"
"I will tell you in person."
I sighed.

"I need to go to my friend's house to help her with a project. Can we meet up some other time?"
"No, y/n. This is important."
"Then how did you forget to meet me?"
"I'm, sorry, okay? I have a lot of things going through my head. I'll be there in ten minutes."
"Fine." I said, hanging up.

It was autumn, so the sun was going down already and it was getting cold.

Luckily I brought this jacket.

I was scrolling through my phone for the next couple minutes until I heard someone calling my name.

"Hey." I said, walking up to him.
"Hi."

"What did you need?"
"What's happening between us?"
I bit my lip.

"Shawn, I feel like I'm losing you."
"Me too. I know I haven't been the greatest boyfriend, and I'm sorry, but there's so much going on right now."
I nodded.

"So what now?"

"I-I don't know. I love you more than anything, y/n. I don't want to lose you."
"Shawn, I love you so much, but this isn't working."
"Wait, y/n, are you breaking up with me?" he asked, his voice cracking slightly.

"Shawn," I said, holding his hand. "I know you've been talking to someone else-"
"But I wasn't talking to her in that way! She's my friend, nothing more."
"Doesn't she think you like her too? She clearly thinks you're cute."

"But I don't want her."
"Shawn, I'm sorry-"
"No, please don't leave me." he said, pulling me closer to him.

"Shawn," I frowned. "Don't make this any harder."
"Please."

I looked into his pleading eyes.

"I can't do this anymore, Shawn." I whispered. "I love you, but I can't take this feeling anymore. You're always leaving, and you have millions of people who would like to be with you. I know when you went on tour, you turned down so many opportunities because of me. I hate holding you back. I hate feeling like you're missing out because of me. I promiss you'll be so much happier without me."

"Don't say that," he said, shaking his head. "I'd do anything to keep you. Please. You're not making me miss out on anything."
"Shawn, I'm sorry." I said, letting go of his hands.

"Wait-"
"Shawn, go home."
"But-"
"Please."

He took a deep breath, holding in his tears.

"Can I have one last hug?"

My heart broke into a million pieces.

I nodded my head, slowly approaching the fragile boy.

When I wrapped my arms around him, I could feel the tears running down my face.

After a while, he let go of me.

"I'm always going to be here for you." he smiled slightly, wiping his eyes.
"And I'm here for you. I'll see you later, Shawn." I said, wiping my eyes.

"Bye, y/n."
"Bye, Shawn."