45/100 Loneliness

His POV:

Two days. 

Two days have passed since Todoroki last saw [Y/N]. There was neither a text nor a call from her and he couldn't seem to bring himself to send one himself. Not after what happened that night. He remembered everything that was said, even though he knew the words that were exchanged were not for his ears; he just couldn't help but to listen in.

Todoroki could still hear the sadness when she spoke, the way her voice quivered as she expressed how betrayed she felt and how her anger bubbled up to the point where he had never witnessed before.

He had wished that he had the courage to barge in that room, to scoop her up into his arms and to take her away from it all. But he froze in front of that door, his mind blanked out, what could he really do in that situation? He felt utterly useless once again and if it wasn't for Kenji, he would have stayed in front of that door forever.

Kenji knew [Y/N] better than anyone, so when he suggested they leave before her family walked out of the living room, he reluctantly obliged.

How he wished he hadn't left at all, he could only imagine how lonely she must've felt, to have their world turned upside down in just one night with no one to cry to. Todoroki tried to shake the image off of his mind but her voice and lonely visage continued to haunt him.

‘I’m so stupid…’ he quietly murmured to himself.

“I’m glad we finally agreed on something.”

Kenji walked into the empty 1-A classroom and sat across Todoroki's desk. He was smiling, though he seemed to be his usual teasing self, Todoroki couldn’t shake off the feeling that something was off. Under Todoroki’s scrutinizing stares, Kenji became uneasy, that much Todoroki could tell. If he stare a little longer, would Kenji break and finally tell him what he wanted to hear? An answer perhaps. Kenji is her friend and he’s bound to know everything since the two of them are so close.

“Please, stop staring at me, it’s making me uncomfortable. Mr. IcyHot is staring so much that your fanclub might misunderstood.” Kenji dramatically cried as he clutched his pearls. Fake tears pooling at the corner of his eyes. 

“Stop talking nonsense.” Todoroki deadpanned with a disgusted look on his face.

"Aw Shoto-kun is in a bad mood. Should I make it better?" Kenji's lips curved into a sly smile, while he kept his gaze locked on Todoroki's.

There was a moment of uncomfortable silence before Kenji broke his gaze and let out a heavy sigh.

"Sorry. I was just trying to cheer you up, [Name] was worried that you would be lonely without her around." Before Todoroki could respond to him, Kenji held out his hand in front of him. "Here, let me see your hand."

Todoroki thought about the many different reasons why the other boy would ask for his hand and after some careful deliberation, though reluctant, Todoroki placed his hand on Kenji's.

Todoroki didn't have enough time to react to it, there was a surge of energy that passed through Kenji's palm and into his own.

Then, something changed in him. It was slight that Todoroki couldn't quite pinpoint it but the heaviness in his chest that he had been carrying all day seemed to be gone. He looked to Kenji for answers and all he got was a gentle smile from the boy.

"A gift for you, it won't last long but at least for the few days that [Name] is gone, you won't feel as lonely."

-----

A/N: I'm lonely too, make it all go away Kenji!! :(
Lol.