58/100 Serenity

His POV

Todoroki's sister made a suggestion that he was considering doing. Though he wasn't quite sure whether it was the right time to do so, as of now, he felt like it was the only thing he could do for her.  

"Why not take her out for the weekend? I heard the hot springs are nice this time of the year." Fuyumi's words echoed in his mind. Perhaps a nice, albeit a short, vacation was exactly what they needed.

At least for the weekend, she could forget all that was haunting her.

---

Weekend couldn't arrive any faster. He was happy when she accepted his offer of a short vacation and even happier that the two of them would be spending the weekend together. 

By the time Todoroki and [Name] reached their destination, the sun was already dipping in the horizon, bathing the surrounding forest in a beautiful orange glow. The hot springs sat midway up a mountain, though the trek was difficult and left them tired, the view when they reached the historic building was worth all the trouble.

"Quite a nice view!" She gasped with glee and to finally see the relaxed look on her face made the long trek worth it.

"Come on... let's go and check in."

---

When the two of them had finally settled in, their dinner was brought up to their room. It was a simple spread, something that Todoroki greatly appreciated. There was a comfortable silence while they finished their meals, the kind of comfortable silence that had been rare in the last couple of days.

Once their meal was done, the two separated to soak in the hot springs. Todoroki had to admit he was a little disappointed that they couldn't soak together but that was a thought that he decided to keep to himself.

He thought that he was the first one to be back but when he entered their room she had already been waiting, laying on top her futon, seemingly asleep.

He tiptoed in, afraid to disturb her sleep and made his way out on the balcony where he found a small bench facing the forest view. The view was quite nice, the mountain air felt fresh compared to the heaviness of the city. He sat down, content for once, he couldn't remember the last time he had a quiet time to himself.

The silence, however, was interrupted by the sound of the shoji door sliding open. He turned to see her standing with her yukata slightly askew, sleepiness still apparent on her face.

"Why didn't you wake me?" She asked just before letting out a yawn.

"You looked really tired so I didn't want to bother you, we have plenty of time tomorrow to hang out."

She grunted, seemingly annoyed but the smile on her face told him otherwise. She joined him on the bench and allowed the silence to envelope them and to just let themselves enjoy each other's company.

She leaned her head on his shoulders, her features relaxed as her eyes scanned the night sky, seemingly hopeful to see something out of the ordinary. The warmth that they shared seemed to be enough at least for a while, he remained still, not wanting to disturb the nice atmosphere that began between the two of them.

And it wasn't until she shivered from the cold did Todoroki stir beside her, he reached for her wrist, her skin was ice cold but she denied that she was and stubbornly remained beside him.

"Don't whine to me if you catch a cold after being this stubborn." He teased. She opened her mouth to retort back but was quickly cut off when a loud knock came from their door.

They stiffened and stared at each other, there was a sudden look of fear on her face and at that moment he knew right away who it was that crossed her mind.

"He...he couldn't have known...right?" She asked no one in particular when Todoroki cautiously walked towards their door. 

He waited for a bit, flexing the muscles in his arms in preparation for what may come. She stood a few feet behind him as she stared at the door in silence, her eyes squinting at the wooden barrier as if to burn a hole into it.

"Wait... open the door." She finally said, all the fear that was present immediately disappeared.

Todoroki was hesitant and paused but her insistence pushed him forward. He was prepared however, prepared for what may come for them once he opens the door. His train of thought was once again disturbed when the insistent rapping on the wooden door continued.

When he swung the door open, he was greeted with unexpected faces. Faces he didn't think he would see during their weekend vacation. He felt surprised to see them at first then confusion, then irritation upon realizing what their presence meant.

"Hey lovebirds!" Kenji's smile widened suggestively upon seeing the frown on Todoroki's face. He held two bags of what he had assumed to be snacks, behind him Iida held more bags and on both sides of him stood Midoriya and Uraraka

"Surprise!" Uraraka gleefully albeit awkwardly greeted.

At this point [Name] appeared behind Todoroki and a large smile was already present on her face.

"Hey guys!" She greeted back, painfully unaware of the brewing storm in Todoroki. "What are you guys doing here?"

"I went to visit you but imagine my surprise when Todoroki's sister told me you guys are on a vacation! How dare you not invite me!" He exclaimed before pushing passed Todoroki and her.

"Hello Todoroki-san, sorry for the intrusion but I hope you don't mind us coming to hang out." Midoriya flashed an apologetic but adorable smile.

[Name] shook her head before Todoroki could say anything and invited the other three in their room. 

Before long, the quiet night that Todoroki had hoped for began to get rowdy.

"Fuyumi-chan had asked us to keep you guys company, lest you do something you would regret." Kenji wiggled his eyebrows as he faced his dear friend, she blushed at the insinuation of his comment.

"We were doing just fine without you guys." Todoroki grumbled to himself, although he thought it was quiet enough, the other people in the room heard it and turned to look at him in surprise.

[Name] let out a hearty laugh, one that he hadn't heard in a long while and chances are, after they go home, it would be a while before he hears it again.

The night went on as expected, Kenji was the loudest and the initiator of every single game that they played that night. Despite being disappointed that they're quiet night was disturbed, spending time with their closest friends was just as good, if not better since she seemed peaceful and happy.

It would have to do, at least for the meantime, it wasn't exactly what Todoroki set out to do but she looked happy and that was enough for him. But he was afraid, afraid because he knew that once they return home, her nightmares would once again haunt her and he doesn't know how much of this torture on her he could take. If pushed, he might have to take matters into his own hands.

-----

A/N: I'm so upset with myself lol. It took me this long to realize, since I started this, that I keep missing Todoroki's birthday...I could have written something! I've been so brain dead...