37/100 Infatuation

His POV

Todoroki couldn't believe how much time has passed since he and [Name] had started dating. The two of them had already gone through so much and they were barely a year into their relationship. Christmas has come and gone, New Year's went by without a hitch and next thing Todoroki knew, it was already Valentine's Day. He never used to care much about that occasion but now, he found himself looking forward to it.

When Todoroki made it to school, he found that almost every single student was excited about what the day had in store for them and he would be lying if he said he didn’t feel the same. On his way to his classroom, he saw a girl give a small basket of cookies to a boy that she likes. This made Todoroki smile and even more excited, he couldn’t wait to see what [Name] had made for him which only made him think of what he would get her when White Day comes around.

The urge to see [Name] had only gotten stronger the closer he got to his classroom, the sight of old and new love caused him to crave for his. Before he knew it, his feet had taken him in front of class 1-E, his heart pounded in his chest like a war drum and if he didn’t know any better, he would have thought everybody could hear it too.

“Ah, Shoto-kun! W-what are you doing here?” [Name]’s nervous voice squeaked behind him. He spun around to face her and was greeted by the red face of his beloved.

“I wanted to see you.” the blush on her face darkened and her eyes wouldn’t meet his.

“You could have waited until later. I wasn’t mentally prepared,” she mumbled the last bit of her sentence and still kept her gaze away from him. He had thought that she would be thrilled to know that he came all the way to see her, that it confused him when she didn’t react the way he had expected her to.

“Did I catch you in a bad time?” he asked, noticing her discomfort, he watched her expression closely. She seemed to be acting suspiciously and he couldn't help but to also notice the way she hid her hands behind her back.

“No. Uh, I mean yes! I'll see you later at lunch!” She quickly ran into her class without another word and left Todoroki confused and disappointed.

Todoroki let out a long sigh before he made his way back to his own classroom.

_______________________________________

The school at lunchtime was louder than usual, everyone seemed to be in high spirits, even the ones that were notorious to be loners. Roses were being passed around in the cafeteria, it was someone’s idea to make sure no one would feel lonely nor felt left out on that special day. Even he received one, one that was beautiful and the reddest he had ever seen. A beautiful rose like that, only could only belong to one person and he was on his way to find her.

He made his way to his usual table with his friends, though the cafeteria was loud and stuffy, then moment he laid his eyes on her beautiful smile did his surroundings suddenly became silent. When their eyes met, it was almost as if he was falling for her all over again. Her eyes twinkled as she stared at him with his favorite smile, his heart melted when she gracefully gestured for him to come.

There were butterflies in his stomach, the closer he got to her and at that moment, it was just him and her. There was music in the air and Todoroki couldn’t care less where it was coming from. All that mattered to him then was just her.

He enjoyed the light feeling that had grown in him, it was something he came to cherish and it was all thanks to her. Who knows when he would have felt it if he had never met her. Everything about her was beautiful to him, his feelings were beyond infatuation. Ah, was this what they called love? Quite frankly he doesn’t care what it was called. All he really knows that he likes it very much.