44/100 Astonished

Your POV:

The day seemed to have dragged longer than usual, the classes had been boring and the teachers just droned on. You just couldn't seem to grasp or even have the patience to listen to them.

 When class finally ended, you breathed a sigh of relief and then excitement finally brought you back from your sleepy stupor. Kenji didn’t waste his time to join you, his bag slung over his shoulder and he waited patiently for you to get your belonging together.

“So, should we get going? I heard there’s a new ramen shop in our neighborhood. I want to see if they’re as good as they say.” 

“Yeah, I’m pretty peckish. Just let me say bye to Todoroki then we’ll go.”

Just as you had turned to leave your classroom, you found Todoroki standing just outside the doorway. With a small smile, he greeted you and took your hand.

“Are you going home?” he asked. You shake your head and looked at Kenji.

“We’re going to get something to eat first then head home to work on a project. Mom and Dad are out of town again and Kenji offered to keep me company in the meantime.”

A sly smile formed your lips when at the mere mention of you and Kenji being home together caused Todoroki to visibly flinch and be perturbed. Though you had repeated over and over that you and Kenji were just childhood friends, you had noticed that Todoroki still couldn’t help but be a little jealous of how close the two of you were.

“Would you like to come with us? I was going to ask you anyway but I wasn’t sure how busy you were going to be after school.”

Before Todoroki could respond, Kenji piped in, impatient.

“Come on you lovebirds, I’m starving and watching you two get all lovey-dovey isn’t going to feed me.” he walked passed the two of you and out of the classroom. You and Todoroki shared a quick look and a smile before following your impatient friend.

The ramen shop was as bit as good as everyone had raved it to be. The three of you paid your meals with full bellies and satisfied grins on your faces. 

The owner of the ramen shop was a sweet newlywed couple who had just moved into the neighborhood, the husband, as they enthusiastically explained, had always wanted to open up a restaurant and the shop was gifted to him by his grandfather who used to own the place.

"So how did you kids like the food?" Asked a very feminine and gentle voice. 

A woman, whom you had assumed to be the wife, came out from the back room with a sweet smile on her face.

The three of you gawked at her, while it was undeniable that she was pretty, you couldn't quite shake off the feeling that she looked familiar.

"Holy shit." Kenji murmured, you turned to him, realizing that he also had the same thought. "Dude...she kinda looks like you, it's eerie."

While it's true that the older woman in front of you bore a slight resemblance to you, she had a much wavier and longer hair; her eyes were speckled with a lighter color of her irises which made them look more beautiful and alien.

The woman's cheeks blushed red with embarrassment, she caught Kenji's remark and had attempted to tell you that you were far more beautiful than her. It was your turn to blush red but thanked her anyways as you returned the compliment.

After a couple more awkward exchanges, an inpatient Todoroki ushered you and Kenji out of the restaurant. It was already dark out and the evening air began to chill you.

"Aw dang. I didn't think we'd be in there for so long." Kenji grumbled as he stared at the dark sky. "Let's go. We still have some work to do."

You began your trek to your home, you and Kenji chatted about your project on who was going to work on what all the while Todoroki followed behind in silence and was content to be just there.

As you neared your home, something caught yours and Kenji's attention and abruptly stopped walking that Todoroki, who was half paying attention, ran into you.

"Why did you stop?" He grumbled and he got his answer when he followed your gaze.

"I thought you said that your parents are gonna be gone?" Kenji asked as he stared confusedly at the black town car in front of your house, lights shining out the living room window.

"Yeah...I don't know. They weren't supposed to be for another three days." You murmured and found yourself hastening your steps.

The three of you made it inside your home, the lights were all on but it was oddly quiet.

"Mom? Dad? I'm home!" You called out, there was a brief moment of silence before you heard the door to the living room slide open and your mother walked out.

"Oh, you're home!" You mother cried out as if your sudden appearance was not expected. She glanced back into the room before walking out and quickly closing the door behind her.

She looked like she had been crying, her eyes red and puffy, her brown hair a little disheveled and her smile doesn't quite reach her eyes.

"Hey, did something happen?" You asked. The two boy behind you remained quiet, though you sensed that they were just as worried as you. Before she could answer however, the door to the living room opened, your father walked out and following behind him was a man in his early twenties.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know we have a visitor. We'll just go to my room and work on our project. Don't worry we'll be quiet."

The three of you bowed then slowly made your way upstairs to your room but your father called out to you and asked you to join them in the living room. At first you had wondered why but upon sitting down on the couch and finally laying eyes on the stranger, your curiosity was then turned into anxiety.

The man across from you was obviously a foreigner, he has an air of arrogance and seemed to hold himself above everyone else in that room. His platinum white hair was neatly and professionally slicked back, his grey suit was perfectly tailored to his tall and athletic body. His piercing eyes were the same colors as yours and they bore right through you; cold and calculated. If it wasn't for the fact that he wore a stern and conceited look, you thought he looked quite handsome.

Your father cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, you turned to him and watched his uncomfortable expression.

"This is Clayton Whitfield." He paused and watched you just as you were watching him. "Mr. Whitfield is your half brother."

You must've heard your father wrong, it couldn't be, right? A Half brother?

You looked at your parents, they were both obviously Japanese and yet this Clayton who claimed to be your brother was far from being one.

"Whoa." You breathed out. "I… I have a brother?"

______

A/N: I did my best to do this. I have been wanting to introduce Clayton and it's just in this chapter I managed to squeeze him in. Also, this chapter was way longer than I wanted to, I think I rambled a bit Lol. More things are about to happen from here on out!