8/100 Soft

His POV:

“Todoroki, you’ve gone soft.” a boy from another class sneered at Todoroki during their lunch break. He was with [Name] at her table when the boy approached them with an air of arrogance. The boy didn’t acknowledge anyone else but Todoroki and the insult he had thrown at him seemed to bother Todoroki more than he had let on.

“Don’t listen to him. He’s just an asshole.” [Name] muttered. She recognized the boy as a classmate from 1-E as one of the boys who would constantly bully her. Todoroki would like nothing more but to ignore him just as she had suggested but he doesn’t enjoy being looked down on, he has too much pride for that. He clenched his fists under the table, it had taken everything in his power to keep him from freezing the arrogant 1-E boy.

It wasn’t until a teacher came did the boy finally leave; if [Name] wasn’t there could he had done something to the boy for insulting him? Or would he had just done the same thing and do nothing? Todoroki was sure with one thing though, he hasn’t gone soft, he just didn’t want to cause trouble around [Name] considering she was already going through a lot when around her classmates.

He knew he was prideful and to take the boy’s insult without so much as fight was a hard pill to swallow; it had put him in a foul mood. A mood that didn’t go unnoticed.

“I know you could’ve taken him on. He’s a wuss and likes to pick fights but it’s good that you didn’t do anything. He was baiting you so you’d get in trouble.” [Name] explained with a gentle smile, her eyes twinkled as she looked at him, proud that he was able to hold back. Todoroki nodded in response, he acknowledged her opinion but it still didn’t dissipate the ugly feeling brewing inside of him.

Class 1-E had made it on his shit-list, the things they’ve done and said had put a stain to the values U.A. High and without any proof of their misconduct, they would only continue and become worse.

“You haven’t gone soft, so stop your frowning.” he felt soft hands on top of his, her warmth radiated and to Todoroki it felt nice. He couldn’t imagine what he would have done if she wasn’t around and as he had expressed earlier, he was glad that she was around.

“Thanks…” he muttered. He really couldn’t be more happier that her presence was enough to keep him calm but he couldn’t say the same thing with her situation. He was happy to be around her but with him by her side, she had to suffer through a lot of bullying from her former friends and the thought of him being the cause was too heavy a burden.

He doesn’t want to be the cause of her suffering.

He wanted to be the one to cause her to smile.

He wanted to be her happiness.

Maybe that 1-E boy was right, maybe he was going soft but if it’s a good thing or not will be entirely up to Todoroki. So a decision has been made. One that he would for sure find difficult and painful.

___

Wow, this was a little hard writing. I took a break for Fourth of July and coming back to this was really difficult. I hope this is okay. So sorry!