56/100 Glad

His POV

"This is quite strange." The doctor muttered to himself while he carefully examined the laptop in front of him.

Todoroki sat beside a nervous [Name]. She clutched his hands tightly, waiting for the doctor to relay to them the result of her brain scan.

After Todoroki found her passed out, she explained to him what she had been doing and that there was a possibility that something was inside her brain preventing her from using her quirk fully. 

And so, he accompanied her to the hospital to get some answers but seeing the doctor's puzzled look tells him that they wouldn't get a straight one from him either.

"What's strange?" She asked, biting her bottom lips as she waited with anticipation.

"I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. Here…" he turned his laptop towards them. 

"What are we looking at here, doctor?" She asked. The grip she had on Todoroki's hand tightened.

“It’s quite strange, there seemed to be a dark spot near the hippocampus though I couldn’t quite tell what it is. A tumor would show a noticeable mass and yet, here…” the doctor paused as he pointed at a grayscale image of what he had assumed to be [Name]'s brain. “...there is nothing. Almost as if someone had taken a spoon and scooped out a part of your brain.”

The doctor then began muttering to himself, forgetting that he was in the presence of his patient, though Todoroki couldn't be mad as he reminded him of a certain green-haired boy.

"So, what's our next step? I want to know if that's what's causing my quirk to not work properly."

[Name]'s voice brought the doctor back to the present and his rambling stopped. He cleared his throat and apologized.

"As of now, there's no clear answer. I must discuss this with my colleagues and it may take a while. If we need any more tests or find anything conclusive, I will contact you immediately."

Todoroki didn't have to be a psychic to know that his girlfriend was disappointed and upset about the news. With how tightly she held onto him as they walked out of the hospital, it wouldn't surprise him if she were to cry out.

"Hey…" he started but was cut short when she suddenly stopped walking and a look of determination burned in her eyes.

"Alright!" She exclaimed, seemingly happy.

"Are you okay?" Todoroki asked. She nodded with a wide smile gracing her face.

"Of course! This is the first time I actually found something about what's going with my quirk, though it's not completely solved, we seemed to be heading in the right direction." She looked up to him, her smile widening.

"It's only a matter of time before I can finally fully use my quirk."

Todoroki realized then, upon seeing her smile that it has been a while since he truly last saw it. Ever since her brother arrived, her expressions were always overshadowed by fear. Even when she smiled, he always knew it was forced as if to let him know that she was okay. But he knew. He always knew.

"Well, what's your plan now?" 

The question put her in deep thought but it didn't seem like it had taken her that long to figure something out.

She smiled and shrugged.

"I don't really know. At least for now, I'm going to need to figure out a way to work with my quirk. I feel like I was close to figuring it out but…" she stopped.

"Well, just make sure you don't overdo it. I don't want to have to clean up blood again." He smirked as he remembered the amount of blood that day. Teasing his dear girlfriend was something quite easy to do, especially when one was such a magnet for trouble.

"I already said I was sorry!" She pouted but it only brought a smile to his face. Seeing his girlfriend back to her relatively normal self seemed to have lifted the heavy weight from his shoulders. He couldn't stand how much she was suffering and there didn't seem a way to help her. 

While in thought, he felt her hand wrap around his own. He turned to look at her and the sweet smile he loved so much was present on her lips.

"Thank you Shoto-kun, I'm glad that I have you here beside me." She said with tears in her eyes.

He happily hummed in response as they made their way back to the safety of his home.

----------

A/N: It's been a while. I'm so sorry that it took this long to come out with a chapter, it's been such a hard year. I'm not happy with this chapter and I have rewritten this chapter so many times but this one was the version that didn't suck as much.
I hope all you guys are staying safe out there!