six [ is it jealousy ]

Start from the beginning

So if anything -- would Taehyung even have the right to be jealous? that Gguk had found another great friend in someone so he couldn't have all his eyes on Taehyung all the time?

He closed his eyes and shook his head, trying to shake off the odd string of thoughts that webbed in his mind.

Why does he have to overthink everything all the time? Taehyung probably wasn't even jealous of anything and maybe was just unintentionally switching topics, not even a single speck of meaning behind it all.

A sigh escaped his lips, eyes opening again to search the bottom left corner of his laptop screen, the time 4:30pm shining back at him in bright white.

Hoseok had asked to come over to do said homework, Gguk just reluctantly stared at for the past fifteen minutes, together to make it easier for the both of them.

And he couldn't deny that he was a bit nervous. He hadn't had a new friend over eversince he had met Yoongi and Jimin in freshmen year which was like three years ago.

So of course he made sure his room was as clean as it has ever been. He made sure to pick up all the scattered around papers of sheet music and random lyrics he scribbled down, the empty pens and single socks he couldn't find the matched one to, not wanting to leave a bad first impression.

If say, Taehyung came over, he would have just left everything as is. His best friend knows he hates cleaning up because everything, even if it doesn't seem so, has it's specific place. Even if it's just dumped on the floor Gguk knows where the one thing he is searching for is.

A high pitched ding coming from his phone, resting on his bed to charge, pulled him out of his puddle of thoughts again.

He picked up his feet, pressing them to the floor, waddling over to the bed while still sitting on the desk chair, feeling way too lazy to get up.

Once close enough he stretched out his arm, bending his upper body to just be able to pinch his phone between his fingertips and pull it off the charging cord, screen immediately flashing to show a picture of Byeolie and a message notification -- from Taehyung.

Normally that wouldn't be something that was out of the usual. They text all the time about the most random stuff but he knew that Taehyung had a date with Yongsoo right at this second. He had even mentioned it today which in turn had Gguk mention Hoseok coming over and their concersation being turned to something else by his best friend again.

Another bit of evidence why one might think that Taehyung might be a little bit jealous. Or not because Gguk was picking up on wrong things. Probably. Well, whatever.

Usually Tae more or less refused to use his phone during dates, which to Jeongguk was more than understandable so, why would he now after more than two years decide to just -- flip that on its head?

Jeongguk's thumb pressed on the notification, both working together quickly to type in his passcode.

Tae 🐻💓

u home right?

He tilted his head, his face scrunching together in total confusion at the, to him, more that cryptic text, feeling in his stomach spreading that something just wasn't quite right.

uh yeah? why?
arent u on a date or smth

His finger swiftly went to type the response and press send, the three dots as an indication that the other party was typing flashing up on his screen only to be met by them dissapearing and then -- total silence.