Chapter Eight: Hurt

(Shania in the photo above)

His face inched closer to mine

His face inched closer to mine. Something inside me was stirring... rather than ignore Christopher's advances I found myself leaning into the kiss. It's like I had no control. Sebastian interrupted a second before our lips touched. Darn... I almost had my first kiss, and it's with a werewolf.

After his 'pack', I assume he calls them that, had spoken with him, Christopher leaned down  to pick me up but he pulled away and had Sebastian carry me instead.

What's up with him? Didn't he say that we were mates or something...? I looked behind me and saw Jenna elbow him and whisper sweet nothings into his ear. Oh.

I thought that she was with Sebastian... I guess I was wrong. My heart ached at the thought. Christopher glanced up at me but quickly looked away. Ouch. So this is what rejection feels like... I quietly whimpered like a dog. That came from me?

"Luna?" Sebastian looked down at me, his eyes filled with worry. "My name is Amelia," I blinked up at him, wondering who he mistook me for. He chuckled, "Uh yeah, sorry Amelia," he shook his head, "Damn this is complicated," I poked his chest, "Explain," it accidentally came out as an authoritative order and before I could apologize Sebastian complied, "You know how you are Christopher's mate? Well, as the Alpha's mate, you are Luna and second in command of the pack. Though really you two are equals, two halves that make a whole."

"So I can tell you what to do?" I found myself asking. I have no shame. He looked shocked for a moment before giving me a teethy smile, "Uh, I guess? But Christopher hasn't really accepted you and you aren't official, yet," he emphasized the last word. "In our eyes you will always be our true Luna. Christopher on the other hand... that's another story," before I could ask what he meant, a huge mansion came into view. My jaw dropped as I looked it up and down, it's as big as the White House but it was covered in stone and almost castle-like. There was a lake just behind it, glimmering in the moonlight.

"Welcome home Luna," I heard Jenna whisper as she came up beside us. Home?

"Finally, you're back!" I heard an older woman shout dramatically from the large doorway. She was absolutely stunning, although her hair had started to gray it only seemed to enhance her beauty. Her eyes landed on me and her smile quickly faded, wary of my presence. "Who's this?"

"No one important," Christopher finally spoke up, silent the whole way here, he's a man of few words. He passed me and made his way towards the door, "She needs medical attention, Mother," she nodded her head and ran back inside shouting orders at the inhabitants.

Sebastian brought me inside, I was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't modern, no chandeliers or granite counters. Wood adorned the walls, ceilings, and floors and there were large portraits of people adorning the halls. The kitchen did have a bit of modern flare, but it was still very homey.