"May I come in?"

Pari narrowed her gaze looking at me. "Who are you?"

I went in and sat beside Pari. I kept my one arm around her neck and told, "I was your sister's childhood friend. You know when we were like you."

Nandini looked at me, I also turned towards her and winked at her. Nandini hurriedly turned her gaze downwards.

Pari looked at me suspiciously. "You were? That means you aren't anymore? Then what are you doing here now?" 

I made a sad face. "What to do? I still want to be her friend but she is scared of me, so she doesn't come near me. That's why we aren't friends now."

Pari nodded her head and turned her face to get back to her work again. "Oh! Then it's okay. She is not only scared of you but a lot of other things too."

I was surprised. "Really?"

Nandini glared at Pari. She was getting angry. I could see that easily on her face. Her face has turned her.

"By the way what's your name?"

"Pari."

"Wow! Your name is so sweet just like you." I pulled her cheeks a little.  

"Thank you." She passed a smile to me.

"Pari, what is your sister more sacred of?"

"She is scared of cockroaches, lizards, then when it rains heavily, from the sound of thunder." As Pari continued, I was laughing loudly. "Then while crossing the roads seeing the speedy cars."

"Pari, you have exam tomorrow, right? Go to your room and study." Nandini uttered gritting her teeth.

"Di, wait, can't you see I'm doing an important work?" 

Pari again turned back to look at me. I was talking to Pari whereas Nandini was getting more and more angry. I was having a fun time seeing Nandini like that.

"So, Pari, what were you saying? Road crossing..."

"She keeps on standing on the side and waits all the cars to cross. She makes so late. Everyone leaves but she keeps on standing on the same place."

"Seriously?"

"She is scared of someone else too."

I looked at her being surprised and asked her to continue.

"When di comes to pick me from school, there are few boys on the road who disturbs her a lot. They say so many things to her but she doesn't say anything to them. She is scared of those boys too."

Pari's words made me frown. I looked at Nandini but she was looking at somewhere else completely ignoring me. "They disturb Nandini? Where do they live?"

"On the road."

I nodded my head. "I mean their home."

Pari shrugged her shoulders. "How will I know?"

"She is right. She is a kid. How will she know where do the boys live? But it's okay. I will find them myself only. Let me also see who has got the courage to tease Nandini. I won't leave anyone just wait till I get hold of them.I thought in mind.

I looked at Nandini angrily who was in complete mood not to face him. "Nandini, what is Pari saying? Is she telling the truth? Someone is disturbing you?"

And she ignored me once again. "Pari, let's go. You have exam tomorrow."

"I forgot to tell you, di can't even apply nail paint by herself. I have to do it for her always." Pari complained.

"Pari, which class are you in?"

"Class 4."

"Good. Your sister seems younger to you."

This time glared at me and turned towards Pari angrily. "Pari, I have been asking you to come with me from so long. Can't you hear me?"

"But di, these nails aren't done yet. I will go after finishing them."

"No need. I will do it alone."

"But di, you don't know how to do it properly."

I couldn't control my laughter. Nandini got more angry seeing me laughing.

"Stop speaking so much and go."

"Okay."

Then Pari left from there for her room.

I was looking at Nandini. Finding me staring at her, Nandini also got up from her place. She was about to leave but before she could take a step forward I held her hand to stop her from going and pulled her close to me. She was so close to me that I can feel her breath. I could feel my heart beat increasing.

"Manik, what are you doing? Are you mad?" Nandini managed to mutter in a shivering tone.

And here I was completely lost in her. "I have been mad for a long time but I realized it now."

Nandini looked at me being shocked. "What?"

I came out of my trance hearing her shout and slapped myself mentally for uttering something like this in front of her. "Nothing."

"Manik, leave my hand, my nail paint!" She was struggling to free herself from my grip.

"Oh shit!!!" I left Nandini's hand but her nail paints were already ruined and they were on me too. "Sorry, Nandini. I ruined your nail paint. Oh shit, they are on me as well."

Nandini went from there hurriedly and brought the remover. She wiped nail paints from my hand. I couldn't help blushing seeing her so close to me. It was the first time when she was so close to me as I am loving it.

Nandini after wiping all the nail paints looked at me. Seeing me blushing, she moved back. I took my steps towards her and stood just in front of her. I could feel her getting nervous. She was about to leave but I again pulled her close to me holding her hand. I could feel our breath mingling. My breath was falling on her lips.

"Mumma will come any moment." Her tone shivered.

I was looking into her eyes. "Let her come." 

"Pa... Pari..." She fumbled. Our closeness was affecting her.

Still I was adamant not to leave her. "What?"

Nandini couldn't help just moved her gaze from me.

Precap: Getting caught or not?

That's all for today. How was it? Did you like it?

Manik and Nandini so close in one room, what will happen now?

Did you like Pari?

What will Manik do with those boys?

Please do vote and comment. If not comment then at least vote. Is it too much to ask after working so hard???

See you.

17.07.2020