Chapter 14

(Mikasa's Pov) :

Eren's alarm woke me up like usual.

I realized that even if I was sick yesterday, I'm not in Eren's body. That's great! I just hope he's not sick today, because I can't allow myself to miss two days of school in a row. It's not like I actually care for him or something, right?

After I ate breakfast, I went to school. I guess not having a cold anymore put me in high spirits, because I skipped on the way to school, which terrorized a few of my classmates. When I arrived, I was kind of exhausted, even though Eren has a lot of endurance. A least now I know I won't even skip to school again!

I sat at Eren's desk and saw he wasn't there yet. For once, I sincerely hoped he was okay. Then, I was him enter class with a box of tissues and a running nose. He looked really tired, and his uniform wasn't put on properly. I let it slip this time, considering he was still sick.

I went over to my desk and I asked him why he came to school even though he was sick.

"Well", he said, "I didn't want to stay at home and do nothing all day. On top of that..." He looked at the floor, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks.

"What? Please continue your sentence, Eren. You may be in my body, but I have no idea of what you possibly want to say."

"...I came because I knew you would have wanted to, okay?!" He shouted, his face red. 

A lot of people turned their heads towards us, curious of who screamed like that. They were surprised to see me, a composed student, suddenly shout embarrassed at a delinquent. 

I felt my cheeks heat up after that sentence. He came to school for me? I didn't know he was so thoughtful. I was really happy.

"Thank you, E- Mikasa, er..."

I didn't know what to say, because everybody was wondering what Eren would answer, and in this case, me. I thought hard for a moment, and decided to go with this :

"Y-yeah, I-I'm super, er... th-thanks, er... dude? Dudette, maybe?"

Okay, I suck at speaking like Eren. How can he know so much weird vocabulary? Now everyone is looking at me strangely. And if things weren't weird enough, Eren replied :

"No prob, bro!" with a toothy grin plastered on his face. I mentally face palmed myself, now things are going to be weird forever! I could see Jean glare at me from the corner of my eye. I didn't like the fact that that glare was directed at Eren, but I ignored it and went back to my desk.

Luckily, our teacher arrived before people could ask us questions. The period went by in a flash, and a few hours later, it was already lunch time. 

I sat next to Eren, and Annie immediately sat next to me. She was too close, like really too close, and it made me uncomfortable Jean had a satisfied grin on his face, and he sat next to Eren after that.

I saw Eren become annoyed to death by Jean, and it made me laugh inside. It was always funny to see Eren struggle with Jean when he was in my body. On the other hand, I had to endure an overly attached Annie for an hour and a half.

Recently, I've had some thoughts. When I look at Annie, I can see that she's great. She's pretty, intelligent and she's really athletic. Hell, I saw her six-pack at the beach, and a lot of guys had their eyes on her.

I think it's natural for her and Eren to be together. Annie's wilder than I could ever be, and even though she's quiet most of the time, she has quite a character. She would be perfect for Eren, and even I recognize that, even though I'm extremely bad with things concerning love. 

I don't know why, but whenever I have that thought, my heart hurts and it feels like it's being crushed.

I was popped out of my bubble when I heard Eren scream next to me.

(Eren's Pov) :

''Shut up! God dammit, please shut up!''

Enough was enough. Even though lunch is my favorite period of the day, it suddenly became my least favorite one in twenty minutes. For the last twenty minutes, I had to endure Jean talk about himself and flirt with me.

Normally, I would have ignored him. On good days, I would have pretended to look interested. But today wasn't a good day. I was tired as hell, and I had a cold. His voice gave me a serious headache, and the fact that he was trying to hit on Mikasa didn't help.

I finally snapped, and a lot of heads suddenly turned towards me. Everyone was giving me a weird look, and for once I didn't care. I only had my eyes on horse face, and before I knew it, I started chewing him out.

"Are you able to talk about something else than yourself sometimes? You're great, you're awesome, we get it! You're handsome? Okay! You're athletic? Good, if you're so athletic, why don't you fight me- I mean, Eren from time to time, hun? I bet he would be more that happy to show you he's CLEARLY superior!"

I could see Mikasa's lips telling me to shup up from the corner of my eye, but I ignored it. I was on a roll, and nothing would stop me.

"Besides, Jean, you're too much of a... a... I don't know, but I know for sure Mika- I mean, I know for sure I would never date you!"

Jean sat on his chair, speechless, and I felt strong for a moment. Really strong. Then, Mikasa took my wrist and pulled me out of the cafeteria.

We walked to an empty hallway, and Mikasa turned around.

"Eren! What the hell! Do you want to ruin my reputation or what?! Why don't you think twice... no, thrice, or even ten times before you speak? Hun?! "

"I'm sorry, but Jean is really annoying! I have a cold, and zero patience right now. Besides, you should be happy, I think what I said will keep him away for a while."

I saw hesitation in her eyes for a moment, but it vanished a few seconds later.

"Yeah, but the way you talked made it look like I was interested in you! You literally complimented yourself in my body!"

Ouch. That hurt, and I don't know why. Mikasa isn't interested in me? Well, okay, why not. See if I care.

"Sorry, Mikasa. It won't happen again. I'll be going now, bye."

I started walking the opposite way, and didn't see a look of regret that flashed in her eyes. I somehow managed to survive afternoon classes without falling asleep, and I went home after that.

Today sure was a shitty day. I hope tomorrow will be better.