Chapter 12

(Mikasa's POV) :

Thump!

What a nice way to start the day! I fell off my bed. Actually, I fell off Eren's bed. I guess I'm still not used to it.

I got up after touching my sore back. Then, I started walking and ended up in the kitchen. I ate breakfast.

Wait a second. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Hum... Yesterday, I went to school, I got scolded, I missed class with Eren... Oh, right. We promised Sasha we would go to the potato eating contest with her at the beach.

Sigh... I don't wanna go! Maybe I'll just pretend I'm sick or something.

Vrrr! Vrrr!

Huh? What was that? I checked Eren's phone and I saw he sent me a new message. It said : ''Hey, Mikasa, where's your swimsuit? I can't find it.'' Oh god, on second thought, I think I'll go. I don't want him to make me look like a fool.

I quickly texted him back before trying to find his own bathing suit. Ah, I found it! Strange, there are pictures of weird looking naked giants on them. They're pretty freaky, but I think I saw them in an anime once. Bah, who cares?

I packed myself a lunch, and just in case, I packed one for Eren too. I know he'll forget his lunch. Somehow.

I picked a towel, sunglasses, flip flops and sunscreen. Then, I headed outside and went at the beach.

Whew, it really is hot! I can't wait to go in the water! I arrived at the beach, but I couldn't find the others. As I searched for them, I heard girls around me say stuff like ''Wow, he's cute!'' or ''Hey, do you think he has a girlfriend?''

I really wanted to scream at that precise moment, when I saw my friends waving at me. I ran until I was next to them, and the first one to greet me was Eren.

''Yo, Mi... er...Eren!''

''Hey, Mikasa.''

I leaned in and whispered to him. ''Hey, you idiot. you're in my body, you don't go around greeting people saying ''yo''!'' Eren looked at me with an apologetic smile. Then, he spoke again:

''Good day to you, milady!''

I smacked my head. ''That's gentleman for you, Ere- er... Mikasa.''

He smirked at me while the rest of the group was looking at us weirdly. I know, guys. It's not every day you see two different personalities like us get along.

Then, Armin spoke:

''Okay, guys, let's go get changed!''

Without thinking, I went into the girl's section, only to be held back by my own arm. Eren was looking at me, face flushed. Then, he whispered :

''What are you doing?! You're a boy now!''

''Oops...''

I blushed and entered the man's section with Jean, Connie and Armin. Jean started talking to us:

''Hey, dudes, do you think the girls talk about us when they change for physed class?'' He said.

''I'm not sure, Jean. I think they mostly talk about nail polish and stuff like that'', Armin replied.

This conversation is becoming ridiculous, so I should to put a stop to it :

''You're both stupid. They gossip and talk behind people's backs, of course!''

''Huh? How do you know about that, Jaeger?'' Jean asked me.

''Er, well... I... I once infiltrated the girls changing room, and I... I, er... heard what they were talking about! Yeah, that's it!''

''Wow,! Awesome, dude! You're unbelievable! But seriously, did any of them talk about me?" Jean said.

"Ah, well... Not that I remember of. Well, I know that Mikasa never mentioned you." Might as well get rid of him while I have the chance. "She says you're too... er..."

"Arg! I've heard enough, thank you. I'll never give up, though. Unless she finds herself a boyfriend, but I doubt that'll ever happen." 

...Why am I thinking of Eren right now? He's a delinquent, no way we would end up together. And why am I thinking of him as an option in the first place?!

We got out of the changing rooms and the girls were all there. Well, the girls and the boy, I should say. Hum... Annie has a six-pack as well? I'll have to train more.

Eren and Sasha were bickering in the background, and I approached them to hear what they were saying.

(Eren's Pov) :

I head out of the changing room feeling heat in my cheeks. Thank god I went in a cabin to change, or I bet I would be unconscious right now. All those girls changing around me. Too bad Mikasa wasn't there. Just the thought of seeing her changing... Whoa! My face is totally boiling right now!

Snap out of it! I'll just follow Annie, I'll just end up getting lost if I walked on my own right now. Woah! She has abs too?! Well, they aren't as nice as Mikasa's but still. I bet Mikasa would easily beat her in a challenge. She would also beat her in looks.

Oh, great. My face is becoming even redder. I continue walking, when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Oh, hey, Sasha. What do you want?"

"Well, you see, Mikasa, you always beat me in everything. So, today, I challenge you to a eating contest! A potato eating contest!"

"Er... Sasha... isn't that the competition you're participating in today?"

"Yep! And I think I'm gonna beat you for once!"

"Ha, bring it on, Sasha!"

Then, Sasha's face began to lose it's composure and was replaced by a frightened face. I realized she wasn't looking at me, but rather at what was behind me. I turned around, and...

''Mikasa! Don't you think you'll become... er... fat if you participate in that contest?'' Mikasa asked me while grimacing at the thought.

''Of course I won't. Besides, she challenged me, and I want to win!"

"You know what, I don't care. Do as you wish. Besides, it's not like I made you a lunch or anything because you forgot yours. After all, you aren't forgetful at ALL, right?" she replied.

"Er... Eren... We all know Mikasa isn't forgetful as you... You know that, right?" Sasha said.

I knew this was going to end badly, so I quickly said :

"Oh, would ya look at the time. Come on, Sasha! The contest is about to start!"

I grabbed her wrist and started running. What really surprised me was the fact that the contest really started a minute after we arrived. In the end, I was not able to beat Sasha, and I was really sad about it. At least I ate lunch...

We played in the water for about two hours afterwards, and I realized I forgot to bring a towel. Mikasa did as well, but luckily, Sasha brought multiple ones, because we were wet and freezing.

When I went back home, Levi was waiting for me... Ugh, that idiot is going to accuse me for something... I just don't know what yet.

"Brat... you're home..."

"Well, yeah, duh. I'm right in front of you."

I could see his eyebrow twitch with my reply. Oops. I think I made him mad...

"Did anyone flirt with you? When you were at the beach, I mean?"

Well, yeah, dozens of girls were after Mikasa today, but I guess that doesn't count because she was in my body.

"No, only a few boys, Levi. Can I go to sleep, now?"

"Do what you want. But I'm waking you up tomorrow. Understood?"

I completely ignored him and walked to Mikasa's room. I wonder what'll happen tomorrow.