Chapter 9

(Mikasa's Pov) :

Ugh... I stayed up really late last night because of two things :

1. I helped Eren study so he wouldn't flunk, and at the same time avoid both of us of getting suspended.

2. I kept thinking of what he told me. He totally said that I would look cute if I cut my hair. I have no idea why, but that comment made me happy.

So that's why this morning, I woke up earlier to cut my hair a bit past my chin. I kind of panicked a bit when I saw all the hair that was on the ground, but when I looked at myself in a mirror, I could tell he was right. I did look cute like that!

I walked down the stairs after getting dressed up and I took by school bag with me.

"What happened to your hair!" Levi said. Delicate as always, of course. His mouth was agape, and I could tell that I surprised him. I'm glad, I've surprised him so little times during my life! The last time's when I broke his phone two years ago. Boy, was he mad, and boy did I die!

"I just felt like cutting it, okay?"

"...Eh, whatever."

I went out of the door without waiting for Levi. He can go to school on his own, anyways. 

When I arrived, I immediately went in class to see if Eren was there. Mikasa, what are you doing!! I don't care if he doesn't compliment me, heck I don't even know if he'll notice. I entered the classroom and sat in my seat, feeling a little bit disappointed for whatever reason. Then, I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, Mikasa! Wow, you actually cut your hair! It looks great on you, you're really cute! Well, not that you weren't before, but... I mean, you were really pretty with long hair, but you're prettier now... Arg! That's not what I... Listen... what I meant to say is..."

Oh poor Eren, stumbling with his words like that while blushing. He looks so adorable! I think I'll help him a bit.

"Thanks, Eren, I appreciate it."

"I have a good eye for these sort of things!"

We stared at each other for a few moments aqwardly without saying a word. I decided to start with a simple question.

"Are you ready for today's test?"

"Yeah! And it's all thanks to you, Mikasa! I bet I'll have an awesome score!"

"We'll soon find out, Mr. Jaeger", said Mr. Shadis while entering the classroom. "Everyone to your seats, we'll be starting the exam right here. If one person fails, that person will be suspended for two weeks, understand?"

"Yes, sir!"

I took out a crayon and I waited to receive my copy, and I could sense that Eren was getting a little bit stressed. "Relax, you've got this" is what I wanted to tell him. But I didn't, seeing that Mr. Shadis was looking towards us.

"You have exactly one hour to complete this exam, there will be no bonus time after that."

I started to read the questions on the exam. And when I did, it struck me.

Oh, god. I have no idea of the majority of the answers! It's all because I helped Eren study so much that I forgot to study myself, and on top of that, I didn't get a lot of sleep! I started to panic, and I took a deep breath in and started to answer the questions that I did know. I may have seemed calm on the outside, but I was totally freaking out. 

Time passed too fast, and I left a few questions unanswered as well as completely ridiculous answers on my copy. I have the feeling my grade won't be so well...

(Eren's Pov) :

Today's the day. The day where the killer exam is gonna have place. For once, I'm rather calm about the exam, but it's because I have higher chances of having a good grade. It's all thanks to Mikasa. I owe her one. 

When I arrived in the class, Mikasa was there, looking a little bit down. I saw that she actually cut her hair. Oh. My. God. My heart just exploded. She looks freaking hot like this! We chatted for a bit, and I stumbled over on my words. That never happened to me. God, what's happening!

Then, Mr. Severe guy entered our class, and we started our exam. I found it rather easy for once. Thanks again, Mikasa! I owe you, and a lot. I'll find a way to repay you, I promise! When the exam was over, we headed to our second period, and it passed in a flash.

I then headed to the cafeteria, where I saw Mikasa sitting with everyone.

"Hey guys! We had an exam at the first period, and I think I nailed it!"

"Are you sure, Eren?" said Armin. "I don't mean to offense you, but each time you said that in the past, you would have a 30 or a 40 on your exams."

I saw Mikasa laugh silently.

"Of course, and that's because Mikasa helped me study! I'm sure I'm not gonna flunk. In fact, I think I'll ace this exam!"

"Good for you, cutie!" said Annie.

"...Thanks, Annie.

I know Annie has the hots for me, but I don't really like her that way. I mean, she's an awesome friend, but... I don't know. I just never thought of her that way. But let me tell you, Annie isn't ugly at all! In fact, she's beautiful, just like Mikasa.

We all ate lunch together, but I could tell something was wrong with Mikasa. I didn't talk to her about it. I guess I'll ask her tomorrow.

We headed back to class, and Mr. Shadis told us that our exams should be corrected in two days. I can't wait to see my score! 

I looked over to Mikasa, and she had calm face. But in her eyes, I saw another emotion. Angst? Worry, maybe?

Oh well, I must be imagining things. Guess I was concerned for nothing. I do hope she'll have a good grade, though. After all, she helped me so much, she deserves at least that!