Seth's Conquest For A Yes

Start from the beginning

"So I hear you have something you want to ask me." Rogue said to Seth matter-of-factly.

"Yes I do." He was clearly nervous and was starting to pace back and forth.

"It's alright Seth, we both know what it is but I want to give you the opportunity to do it properly." She said kindly trying to ease his nerves a bit.

"Well, you-you know how much I love Corin and being her Queen and mom of sorts, I wanted to a-ask you for your blessing so that I may ask her for her hand in marriage." He finished without stuttering yet formally. Rogue smiled.

"Of course you have my blessing! I'm very honored that you asked me. You and Corin will be very happy together. I take it Alice is putting things together." She said with a smile and wink.

"Yeah, I just hope she doesn't go overboard." Seth sighed.

"I doubt it. Alice has a ton of ideas always but when it comes down to it, she knows what each person or couple wants and needs. A lot of time she knows what we all need before we know we need it." Rogue laughed lightly.

"Just don't tell her that or her head may expand a bit more." Seth said with a laugh as Rogue nodded knowingly.

After their conversation was over, they headed back to the house where a big meal was prepared for everyone. Even though she had already celebrated her birthday at Headquarters, we still toasted Rogue and her birthday. She didn't want any gifts and we honored her request. She mentioned that all of us being in her life was a big enough gift. We were honored by that. After dinner was finished, Seth took Corin's hand and asked her to go for a walk with him. None of us said a word as we pretended this was a very normal occurrence; but silently we wished him luck though we doubted he would need it.

Walking outside and taking Corin's hand in his again, he walked her toward the woods toward the house that would be theirs upon marriage. When they got inside with the key that Seth had, the whole living room was filled with candles and flowers were hanging from every nook and cranny of the wood paneling. Alice definitely knew what she was doing. As Corin looked all around her, she gasped with delight. Seth took that opportunity to ready the box with the ring and when she came back around to face him, he said:

"Um Corin, I wanted to make this smooth and perfect but just looking at how lovely you look tonight, kinda made me forget what I was going to say. So I'll just do my best but bear with me ok?" Seth said, his palms sweating.

"Of course, take your time. What is it?" Corin said confused now giving him her full attention. Seth took a deep breath and looking Corin in the eyes started to speak:

"Corin, you are the most magnificent being on this planet. I never thought I would imprint on a goddess like you. Having you in my life has been a treasure that I couldn't have dreamt up in my wildest dreams. Your heart and soul are so pure and you are loving and caring and it makes me want to hold on to you that much tighter and protect you from this world of unknowns even though technically you are the stronger of the two of us. I love you more than my own life, my own heart, my own breath. Will you marry me?"

By the time he had finished, Corin was crying and he was down on one knee with the ring box open and extended toward her. As she looked at the ring with her tear soaked eyes, its majestic beauty made her gasp and the candles around the living room caught every diamond a certain way and made them dance. The ring was truly extraordinary. Corin realized she hadn't said anything yet and kind of had to though she was too busy sobbing. She couldn't believe that her dream was coming true. Seth had proposed and she was getting married. He had done so in their future house as husband and wife. That would always be their first memory together in that living room.

"Yes Seth, I will marry you."

She said smiling through her tears as he jumped up with a whoop and threw his arms around her and lifted her in a twirl as they both laughed and cried together. Finally, Seth had the wherewithal to put the ring on her finger as she couldn't stop staring at it and him. They kissed for a long time. Then Seth got a bottle of champagne out and popped the cork that went zinging around the room. They toasted to each other and their future life together. Finally, it was time to return to the others. They got back about 4 hours later and another celebration began. All the women ooo'd and ahh'd over the ring which was absolute perfection!

"Hey Alice, time to plan a wedding! You have a few weeks!" Corin yelled over the din. She and Seth didn't want to wait for too long. They were ready to start their lives. Alice's eyes lit up as she ran for her tablet thingy and the wedding talk began in earnest.

Here we go again! Holy Weddings!

~Carlisle Cullen