Chapter 12

It was hazy getting up. Macaw woke up, back into her old hut, before her mother and father died, trying to fight off the SlitherIce, and was killed by Frozen.

She got up but someone pushed her back down to the leafy bed that had to be new, on the ground.

She didn't know who pushed her to the ground, but she knew she didn't want to be bossed around.

She got up again, her vision is getting better and saw a white figure looking at her. Snowfall, she thought to herself. Why? He has to stop with all this! He lied to me! All this time! But yet, he also saved me countless times. Macaw knew she couldn't hate Snowfall for it.

"Why did you save me? I didn't need to be saved." Macaw asked.

"Oh yeah, then you would have died, and who else would have been the heir to the throne?" Snowfall responded Macaw with a question.

Macaw hissed at Snowfall. She didn't like his response to her question whatsoever. She got up and went straight out of the hut. Snowfall was shouting at her but she didn't even bother listening to what he was saying.

She stretched her wings and went soaring over the village. Something seemed off about it though. Usually Glorya would do one of her speeches and trying to talk everyone down and saying it was for their own good.

Not this time. Everyone was quiet and everyone, or almost everyone were in their huts.

Snowfall came flying up where Macaw was, in the center of the whole village. "Macaw, there is something you need to know. Frozen killed your mother."

Snowfall's words seemed like they echoed through her mind. Registering what he had just said.

It had to be impossible. Everything became a blur and the next thing she knew, she was in her mother's hut. She was lying there, but she seemed a bit younger.

"I don't think this is Glorya Snowfall. This probably has to be my sister. Look, she looks too young to look like Glorya." Macaw tried to sound hopeful.

Snowfall replied, "That's what I thought, but our powers make dragons look younger after they pass. And your sister, she is alive, living on the outskirts of the Ice Kingdom. We can see her when we go there."

Macaw didn't like this at all. She was supposed to go with Snowfall, but now she has a whole tribe to look after. She cannot leave her tribe alone and vulnerable.

"Snowfall, I can't leave my tribe. My mother is dead and now I have to become the Queen. You'll have to protect the group that is going. I can't go on this mission anymore. I have to look after my tribe, and tell everyone that their Queen is dead, and now I am in charge." Macaw spoke softly, only trying to fight back the tears that were trying to roll down her face.

Someone flew up towards them and Macaw turned around. It was Gecko and Lizard. "Macaw, we both can watch the tribe. The group will feel safer if there's you and Snowfall together. Well, also Icicle and Moon. Icicle is a step closer to ending the war when and if she becomes Queen." Gecko said.

"No. This is my fault, I have to fix it. They need you guys to fight back. We already have enough SlitherNights to fight back when Frozen comes back. You guys will be fine. Also, remember, we have our venom. We use it." Macaw replied to what her friends said.

"Also, that couldn't have been your sister. She has her feathers on her, and she hatched a week before you were born. So don't worry." Snowfall was calming, in a sense that he didn't need to be scared for his whole tribe coming after him.

Macaw nodded then looked at her friends, "It's time."

All four dragons roared as loud as they could and they saw some dragons coming out of their huts, curious about what everything was about.

"As some of you may know, my mother had passed away recently. Just yesterday, I was trying to fight her because of they lies she was keeping from all of us. We are a tribe who doesn't keep secrets from each other, especially your Queen keeping those secrets from us. We know it was her business, but that deal she made with the SlitherIce Queen, kept me from knowing a sibling I could have loved. So... I will be staying here and making sure no threats, come close. I will also be restoring the village so it can be a much better place to live. Hatcheries will be in place and they will be heavily guarded, if any of the guards are up to the task. One more thing, since I will be staying, instead of escorting Princess Moon, Snowfall and Icicle will accompany them without my supervision. Thank you."

She heard a few murmurs coming from the crowd of now gathered dragons around Macaw and she could hear a few of them coming from the closest dragons.

She left and she heard a few wingbeats behind her. "Snowfall, make sure everyone is safe. You guys have to leave now."

Moon came up flying and almost plummeted into Macaw. "Macaw, your mother said she trusted you the most to lead everyone, and I trust her judgment, but I can't go with fewer dragons."

"You're not. Snowfall and Icicle will protect you, no matter what. Now, you have to trust me. They both saved me when I was about to crash into the ground from a very high height. Now, please trust them." Macaw said finally.

They nodded and soon, they got everyone together, with all their stuff and they were soon on their way.

Snowfall looked at Macaw, like he knew he didn't want to leave her, but had to. Macaw nodded and roared that it was time to leave.

Everyone that was going, lifted off the ground and flew towards the Sky Kingdom. Someplace that is calm but with dangerous dragons.

Macaw just hoped they stay safe throughout the whole journey.